Old January 14th 05, 11:50 PM
Dave_In_CT

Default icf-sw77 problem

Hi all,
I have a icf-sw77 that has been working fine for years. I lost AM receive
last night. FM works fine and I checked different antennas, jacks, power and
everything else I could think of.

I came home from work and tried it again. I can scan through the band and
toggle freq. no problem. I did see it come back a couple times for a split
second and then go dead again.

Has anyone had this problem before?
I called sony and they said.
repair flat rate = $130.00
exchange = $383.00

I would like to trouble shoot it before sending if anyone has any ideas on
this???

Old January 14th 05, 11:57 PM
tianli

Have you tried in here, Dave?

Old January 15th 05, 01:54 AM
Dave_In_CT

Have you tried in here, Dave?

I would like to trouble shoot it before sending if anyone has any ideas
on
this???

Many thanks for the link. I just signed up.

Old January 15th 05, 12:08 AM
Berilac

Do you have static removal of some type installed on the antenna lead in
? Static can wreck a silicon chip in a hurry. I fyou know anyone who can
do a diagnostic on your radio I would sure ask them if they would. I had
a scanner get zapped once because of static on the antenna. It would not
scan trunked systems all of a sudden. I finally turned it in and got my
money back.

Old January 15th 05, 01:56 AM
Dave_In_CT

Do you have static removal of some type installed on the antenna lead in
? Static can wreck a silicon chip in a hurry. I fyou know anyone who can
do a diagnostic on your radio I would sure ask them if they would. I had a
scanner get zapped once because of static on the antenna. It would not
scan trunked systems all of a sudden. I finally turned it in and got my
money back.

Well I have had the radio in the same place for a long time and use it as a
table top basically.

I'm not sure what I can do for it now if it got static zapped.

AM comes back only for a split second when I am trying to tune in something
and FM works fine.

Old January 18th 05, 11:12 AM
Dave_In_CT

Hi all,
I have a icf-sw77 that has been working fine for years. I lost AM receive
last night. FM works fine and I checked different antennas, jacks, power
and everything else I could think of.

I came home from work and tried it again. I can scan through the band and
toggle freq. no problem. I did see it come back a couple times for a split
second and then go dead again.

Has anyone had this problem before?
I called sony and they said.
repair flat rate = $130.00
exchange = $383.00

I would like to trouble shoot it before sending if anyone has any ideas on
this???

It seems to be in the jog dial area. When I push in the dial hard it gets
intermitent.
I did get a rapair cost quote of $130.00 from Sony.