Old January 24th 05, 07:11 PM
Michael Lawson

wrote in message
oups.com...
Interesting comment about a man who rescued the Tonight Show and

proved
the viability of the late night show format. Carson turned it into
"the" late night show that led the way for many others, but at the

same
time was such a force that serious competition took 20 years to
develop. He was such a force that he could attract heads of state

appear and the "blessing" of an appearance on his show made the

career
of numerous entertainers. That his audience was huge and widespread
and loyal goes without saying. He was able to be funny without

being
offensive and took pains to not upstage, but showcase his guests.

And
he had the sense and grace to bow out completely while still a

success.

Yes. And he never regretted it, except for the Monica
Lewinsky deal. He really regretted not being around
for that one.

Entertainers like Kimmel are one-trick-horses. Humor based on

bodily
noises works for a while but doesn't have the staying power of

someone
with true talent like Carson.

A lot of Kimmel's appeal is due to the blatant sex appeal
that was (and is) on The Man Show. I mean, having
porn stars around to help you with your routines will
make you funnier, right?

If you found him unhumorous that seems to put you in a distinctly

small
minority.

Carson's humor is broadbased, and is easier to like
than, say, Monty Python. (Not to say I don't like
Monty Python, I think they're hilarious. Just that
their work is more of an acquired taste.)

--Mike L.

Jeff wrote:
"krogggg" wrote in message
groups.com...
He was an unfunny piece of **** who chain smoked.
I am suprised he lasted this long!

He was loved by the great unwashed masses who had trouble
sleeping, were unemployable and on public assistance or used
the glowing TV tube as a nightlight while having wild

monkey-sex.

"Therrrrrrrrrre's Johnny!" { - Applause Card - }
....see the bonobo-monkeys in the stage audience clap

Oh....and I'm 48, not 14 and remember this putz.

EXACTLY! And then there was Carson's personal STOOGE Ed McMahon,

who's job it was to sit there and
laugh at anything and everything whether it was funny or not. He

was
basically a human "cue card"
letting the audience know when it was time to laugh.

DUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah, truely a "great" show.

Old January 24th 05, 07:15 PM
Lee Flynn

Hi there,

Would you please be so kind as to remove talk.religion.course-miracle
from the headers of these messages. Someone in this group replied
to the cross-posted messages, days ago, with a single remark. ;-(

Thanks in advance !

~ Lee

Terwilliger wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:52:27 -0700, "Jeff" wrote:

wrote in message
Carson was an American no talent jerk, there a millions and
millions of them. LOL

Jimmy Kimmel totally blows Carson away in talent.

Oy vey.

Old January 24th 05, 08:04 PM

"A lot of Kimmel's appeal is due to the blatant sex appeal
that was (and is) on The Man Show. I mean, having
porn stars around to help you with your routines will
make you funnier, right?"

Sad, but true. Howard Stern draws attention the same way. If Stern
didn't have a steady parade of bimbo's and his trusty assistant
continually chortling approval in the background he would be back on
some local rock/talk show.

Old January 24th 05, 11:45 PM
Lee Flynn

Hi there,

Would you please be so kind as to remove talk.religion.course-miracle
from the headers of your reply to this thread? Someone in this group
replied to the cross-posted messages, days ago, with a single remark. ;-(

Thanks in advance !

~ Lee

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:

Carson was Canadian.

Bruce Jensen

Since e was born in Corning, Iowa, grew up in Nebraska, how does
that make him Canadian?

Old January 25th 05, 01:33 AM
Brenda Ann

"Dan" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:47:55 GMT, "Ryan J. Paque"
wrote:

I think Letterman is the only current host who has a chance of lasting
nearly as long. Assuminghis health doesn't take him down first. He and
Carson were quite close... I look forward to seeing what Dave has to say
on his show tonight.

Well, considering that Letterman has already been on for over 22
years, I'd say he has a great chance!

Dan

Didn't Letterman take the job at CBS AFTER Leno got the nod to take over for
Johnny in '92? That would make it 12 years, rather than 22.

Old January 25th 05, 06:47 AM
Lee Flynn

Hi there,

Would you please be so kind as to remove "talk.religion.course-miracle"
from the headers of your replies to this thread? Someone in this group
replied to the cross-posted messages, days ago, with a single remark. ;-(

Thanks in advance !

~ Lee

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote:
SL wrote:
Remember Chevy Chase?

Just barely.

Old January 25th 05, 07:34 AM
m II

dxAce wrote:

No **** Sherlock... I was only pointing out where he was born. If I need you to
corrections on anything I post I'll ask you, 'tard boy.

Now go tote it.

What a shame. You make a big show of reform, but in a day or so you fall
right back into the slop. Why can't you control these asinine outbursts? It
can't be *that* hard.

mike