Old January 23rd 05, 10:54 PM
Jim Douglas

Default Johnny Carson Dies but has come back to life as a Cylon.

Jimmy Kimmel, that's a name you hear alot about.

"Jeff" wrote in message
wrote in message

Carson was an American no talent jerk, there a millions and millions of
them. LOL

Jimmy Kimmel totally blows Carson away in talent.

Old January 24th 05, 01:02 AM

Johnny Carson was a Hell of a lot better than jay leno (and david
letterman too) can ever hope to be! Ed McMahon screwed up the old tv
show with his stupid ass incessant, Ohhh Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho,,,, it made
my toenails crinkle up and curdle!!!
cuhulin

Old January 24th 05, 01:09 AM

Even my little doggy,Blueberry, (www.cattledog.com) blows all of them tv
Idiots away in talent.She is rounding up all of her rubber monster
squeaky monster doggy toys right now and dropping them by my side on
her! couch,,,,,, wanting to play.
cuhulin

Old January 24th 05, 01:11 AM

I am only sixty three years young,but I have been told by many before I
act more like I am three years old :{)
cuhulin

Old January 24th 05, 04:01 AM

Jack Parr was the best.Steve Allen was ok.I never could stand that
Wench! carol burnett.That scumbag Wench! used to have her own tv comedy
show back in the 1950's and every time that Wench's! tv show
started,that Wench! was puking up cornbread.I never could stand that
filthy Wench! carol burnett! Johnny Carson used to hang under the
Chicago and Northwestern Railroad in Chicago and feel the Train's
vibrations.
cuhulin

Old January 24th 05, 05:03 AM
Honus

wrote in message
Jack Parr was the best.Steve Allen was ok.I never could stand that
Wench! carol burnett.That scumbag Wench! used to have her own tv comedy
show back in the 1950's and every time that Wench's! tv show
started,that Wench! was puking up cornbread.I never could stand that
filthy Wench! carol burnett! Johnny Carson used to hang under the
Chicago and Northwestern Railroad in Chicago and feel the Train's
vibrations.

Just when I think you can't say anything dumber, you go and prove me wrong.
rest of us alone, huh? You're not worthy to even think her name, much less
denigrate her in public.

Old January 24th 05, 05:12 AM
Tony Meloche

Michael Lawson wrote:
"Cmd Buzz Corey" wrote in message

Johnny Carson was a Hell of a lot better than jay leno (and david
letterman too) can ever hope to be! Ed McMahon screwed up the old

tv

show with his stupid ass incessant, Ohhh Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho,,,, it

made

my toenails crinkle up and curdle!!!
cuhulin

The current late night hosts can't even stand in Johnny's shadow.

Were it not for Johnny, most of them wouldn't have
been employed in the first place.

Were it not for Johnny, most of them wouldn't be
able to do their routines on the broadcast airwaves;
he, Jack Parr, Carol Burnett and Steve Allen helped
to define the on-air comedy variety show from the
vaudevillian antics of Jack Benny and Milton Berle
and hone it specifically for that medium. There were
others who influenced todays humor, like The Paul
Dixon Show influencing David Letterman as a youth,
but those four were the big national shows.

--Mike L.

My TV viewing goes back to 1954, and just a couple of my own (not
intended to be inflamatory) views.

Carson was the best there ever was at what he did. But Steve Allen
was a bang-up second. Still, Carson was the best.

Jack Benny's stuff translated well to TV, IMO, and is in it's own
way, timeless. Dated as it is, it still plays well, like "Honeymooners"
and "I Love Lucy" reruns. Berle was a buffoon, but at that time in the
history of TV, he was the right guy in the right place. It's not for
nothing that Bob Hope once said: "When vaudeville died, television was
the box they buried it in." Today's viewers (under 40) would rank Berle
lower than Sponge Bob as entertainment, and rightly so, obviously.

Letterman has far too large and loyal a following for me to say he
isn't a wizard at what he does. But personally, (to me) the man defines
"horse's ass". He also seems to take delight in being outright mean to
people on occasion.

Leno is good, but not as good as Carson was. He took late-night TV
in his own direction, and he's doing something right - "Tonight"
consistently edges out "Late Night With David Letterman". But Carson's
core audience, to a large degree, retired when Carson did.

Parr's gift was originality. There was only one Jack Parr, good or
bad. I regret that some other true geniuses of early TV are not better
rememebered or anthologized today - most notably Ernie Kovacs, a TRUE
genius, but 'way 'way ahead of his time.

End of strictly personal views :)

Tony
Old January 24th 05, 06:37 AM

I Agree.Johnny Carson was Great.Rest In Peace,Johnny Carson.
cuhulin