Old February 11th 05, 03:03 AM
MC

Default Tell me I'm not hearing things

I'm in the Southeast UK with a longwire (about 100) attached to my DX-394.

Between 14:00 and 14:30hrs GMT on Thurs 10th Feb I heard an Australian
Broadcast. If I did then this would be the farthest yet I have been able to
pick up (Previously Peurto Rico).

Now I heard this station between13680 -13689 khz (a lot of drift but I
suspect 13685khz) and as the reception was quite bad I could only pick up
part of their email address - www.planet????.com.au. They played a lot of
Easy Listening/Rock type stuff

Could someone tell me what staion this is and if they do indeed broadcast at
this freq. The nearest I could come up with is Planet Radio broadcasting
out of Brisbane but they seem to be FM only.

The SINPO was roughly 14322

Regards

MC

Old February 11th 05, 03:21 AM
running dogg

MC wrote:

I'm in the Southeast UK with a longwire (about 100) attached to my DX-394.

Between 14:00 and 14:30hrs GMT on Thurs 10th Feb I heard an Australian
Broadcast. If I did then this would be the farthest yet I have been able to
pick up (Previously Peurto Rico).

Now I heard this station between13680 -13689 khz (a lot of drift but I
suspect 13685khz) and as the reception was quite bad I could only pick up
part of their email address - www.planet????.com.au. They played a lot of
Easy Listening/Rock type stuff

Could someone tell me what staion this is and if they do indeed broadcast at
this freq. The nearest I could come up with is Planet Radio broadcasting
out of Brisbane but they seem to be FM only.

The SINPO was roughly 14322

Passport to World Band Radio says that there is an Australian station on
13685 between 0900-1400, although they could be on later than that.
Passport says it is "Voice International" from Darwin. I have no idea
what kind of station "Voice International" is. It's possible that they
were simulcasting Planet Radio.

Old February 11th 05, 03:45 AM
running dogg

ShortwaveMan wrote:

My old Passport shows Voice International from Darwin Australia at
15:00-17:00 but as this is an old issue, maybe they have changed their
schedule.

2005 Passport shows Voice International on from 0900-1400. This too
could be out of date by now; many SW stations change times and even
frequencies often, even several times a year. Even a twice yearly sked
like EiBi doesn't catch everything. That sked for Voice International is
the wee hours of the morning on the NAm west coast, but I'm sure there's
somebody here who's up at that time and can confirm your report.

What direction is your antenna running ? Is it horizontal or slanted ?
It is possible this station was being relayed from somewhere. I live in
the Pacific Northwest where reception can be aweful, but we do hear a
lot of asian traffic.

Best wishes.

God gives Peace not war +

Old February 11th 05, 09:48 AM
Esa Peltola

I have been listening to Voice International in Belgium with my small
Degen DE1103 receiver and wiht whip antenna only on 13635 kHz early in
the afternoon. The other frequency is 13685 kHz. It can be heard
regularly but not every day.

Voice international is a Christian radio station, transmitting from
Darwin Australia, with fresh program format and good music. Voice
International is the brainchild of Christian Vision, a non-profit
charitable company broadcasting around the globe via stations in
London, the USA, Chile, Zambia, Mozambique, Angola, East Timor and
Australia. Chile and Zambia are relatively easy caches in Europe, as
well.

You can listen to audio stream he
http://www.voice.com.au/

Enjoy!

Achtung! Attenzione!All shortwave frequencies to cease 11-14-04 due to Judgement day arriving. Knowledge Shortwave 5 November 15th 04 02:07 AM
Peaked and Tuned Dan CB 108 May 15th 04 03:48 PM
Hearing Aids/ RF Emmissions Bill Brannick Equipment 14 April 25th 04 05:22 AM
Hearing Aids/ RF Emmissions Bill Brannick Equipment 0 April 16th 04 10:47 PM