Old February 16th 05, 04:50 PM

Default great Battery charger

At last ! A battery charger worthy of the Vulcan science academy

http://www.lacrossetechnology.com/pr...ems/bc900.html

sells for about $50 on the net

Old February 16th 05, 05:12 PM

But will it charge my "battery"? You can take a beat up old lawnmower
and rig a bracket to the grass discharge (watch out for the beat up old
lawnmower blade though,that can ruin your day!) and a beat up old
alternator with a beat up old fanbelt and make your own beat up old
battery charger.Rig a couple of beat up decent 12 volt auto/truck
batteries and you can rig up your own beat up old welding machine too at
a beat up old cheap price.Rig up a beat up Inverter and you can have
beat up old 115 alternating current too,tree,fo.
cuhulin

Old February 16th 05, 05:21 PM

I prefer Ray O Vac,I always have. www.rayovac.com I am waiting on
Ray O Vac to come out with a Ray O Vac new style 15 minute charger and
Ray O Vac rechargable C cell and D cell rechargable batteries.I already
own a new style Ray O Vac 15 minute recharger and a bunch of the new
style Ray O Vac AA rechargable batteries.
cuhulin

Old February 16th 05, 05:45 PM

super fast chargers are NOT a good idea, batteries should not be
charged that fast, not good for them !

Old February 16th 05, 06:23 PM

But they don't have batteries on planet vulcan.They vulcanized all of
their batteries millions of years ago.Super fast recharging batteries IS
a good idea too if they are the new style Ray O Vac 15 minute batteries
that are designed to be recharged with Ray O Vac new style 15 minute
recharger.Head on over to the wal mart store and buy youself some of
them.Oh,I forgot,they don't have wal mart stores on planet vulcan
either.
cuhulin

Old February 16th 05, 08:14 PM

I have the Rayovac ic3 charger. The batteries have a conductive ring
near the negative terminal. The charger will only charge ic3 batteries
at the 15 minute rate. The assumption is these batteries are designed
for the 4c charger, much like RC batteries. I suspect the conductive
ring is temperature sensitive, which could be use as part of the
charging algorithm.

A funny thing about battery charging is that charging at a slow rate,
say 1/2 C, can be more of a problem than 2C. This is because the
changes in terminal voltage are more difficult to detect at the slower
charge rate. This is especially true if the charger uses a switching
power source since you need to sense the battery voltage changers in
the presence of switching noise. If the ic3 uses temperature sensing,
then that problem is solved.

Old February 16th 05, 10:12 PM

Mrs.Pock,I am not knocking those Alpha battery chargers at all.I think
any kind of battery chargers are good things to have.
cuhulin

Old February 17th 05, 01:45 AM
Honus

wrote in message
Mrs.Pock,

? Man, you're hilarious even when you're not trying to be. Or perhaps I
should say, especially when.

Old February 17th 05, 04:09 AM
Brian Hill

"Honus" wrote in message

wrote in message
Mrs.Pock,

? Man, you're hilarious even when you're not trying to be. Or perhaps I
should say, especially when.

Honus are still pickin on cahooglin?

B.H.

Old February 17th 05, 04:49 AM
Honus

wrote in message
Mrs.Pock,

? Man, you're hilarious even when you're not trying to be. Or perhaps

should say, especially when.

Honus are still pickin on cahooglin?

I know, I know. Sometimes I just have no restraint. But "Mrs. Pock"...that
was funny!

Battery charger and voltage converter Pierre Equipment 6 October 12th 04 02:53 PM
Battery charger and voltage converter Pierre Equipment 0 October 12th 04 11:36 AM
Battery charger and voltage converter Pierre Equipment 0 October 12th 04 11:36 AM
FS: ICOM IC-35 Battery Charger LJ Swap 0 August 15th 04 05:10 PM
Are Alincos Throw-Away Radios? (Finding a DJ-C5 Battery) Steve Wolf Equipment 36 February 19th 04 02:51 PM