Old February 20th 05, 09:58 PM
uncle arnie

Default avalanche monitoring

Skiing holiday. The avalanche guys were communicating on a FRS hearable
channel. They had about 3 feet of snow, rain then another 2 feet. Top
layer shears off the rain layer. Lots of fun to ride up the chairlift,
hear the talk, hear the thud as they fired into the snow pack than the low
thump as the avalanche is brought down. This was in the east Kootenay
mountains of B.C. (which is all I'll report after talking to them, their
preference. May I suggest those of you who go to ski areas in the
mountains take along your scanners and FRS. You just never know what
you'll hear. SW reception with an ATS 404 was quite poor except for
Australia and the BBC.

Monitoring Times vs. Popular Communications? Kachina 78 Shortwave 11 November 3rd 04 01:45 AM
Military Monitoring Group Growing GeorgeF Scanner 0 September 22nd 04 02:36 PM
Monitoring UFOs Dee Throat Scanner 3 May 25th 04 10:35 PM
Monitoring Times Trunk Freqs for Florida are Wrong? N8KDV Scanner 0 August 20th 03 10:25 PM
6980 khz USB - 0530 UTC unidyne Policy 52 August 17th 03 10:10 PM