Old February 27th 05, 09:43 AM
dxAce

Default Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam was apparently busted on 17 February. The transmitter was
reportedly west of Albuquerque, New Mexico, just off I-40.
(various reports)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 27th 05, 10:39 AM
Jim

does anyone have an opinion on why yosemite sam would get busted so
fast? was he interfering with any licensed service? harassing amateur
nets? im just curious that the feds would get off their asses to get him
with all the jammers and QRM'ers and linear amped cb'ers swamping the
waves. not to mention the bad power poles and transformers that they
dont care about, and the abundance of consumer products that broadcast
noise across huge swathes of the spectrum. and bpl blanketing their
trial cities. why was he such a priority? or did he just fall into their
hands somehow?

Old February 27th 05, 12:02 PM

Close enough to the Mexican Border to attract Interest ??

Old February 27th 05, 01:47 PM
dxAce

Jim wrote:

does anyone have an opinion on why yosemite sam would get busted so
fast?

The quick answer is that Sam operated for at least two incarnations on 3700
which is located inside an amateur band.

That tends to get folks moving rather rapidly to figure out who is running the
operation, and where it is coming from.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 27th 05, 02:00 PM
Invader3K

Did anyone figure out what he was actually trying to accomplish? Was it
just annoying, or was there some sort of code involved?

Old February 28th 05, 09:20 PM
dxAce

running dogg wrote:

Tom Sevart wrote:

"running dogg" wrote in message

Could you post links to these "various reports"? I'd like to know more.
Given Sam's sophistication, I wonder if the guy they "caught" isn't a
fall guy meant to mollify the ham/SWL community's curiosity.

Oh can we stop with the conspiracy theories already?

http://www.dxing.com/dxr.htm

Thanks. It's about time that we had substantive info other than dxAce's
"various reports" shtick.

LOL... I gave you substantive info to begin with. Your choice was that I was making it
up.

That's as ridiculous as David Stinsons 'informed opinion'.

I'm sitting here still having a good laugh at the 'tard boys of shortwave.

Have fun with your conspiracy theorys, and try to leave reality to the big boys.

LMAO at the 'tards.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 28th 05, 11:14 PM
Jim

i was watching this with much amusement and a great time was being had
by all....... and then pow-zow someone pulls out the "portable" card!
what the hell kind of crack is that? i mean "tard boy" and "ace hole"
are pretty specific (and hilarious) targeted insults but that "portable"
thing is pretty broad-banded! what are you some kind of radio bigot?
just because my radio is light am i a second class swl? well guess what!
i have a dream! i dream of a day when a man is judged by the content of
his loggings and not by the price of his rig! now everybody play nice
before someone gets an eye poked out! damn, cant we all just get along?

Old February 28th 05, 11:37 PM
dxAce

Jim wrote:

i was watching this with much amusement and a great time was being had
by all....... and then pow-zow someone pulls out the "portable" card!
what the hell kind of crack is that? i mean "tard boy" and "ace hole"
are pretty specific (and hilarious) targeted insults but that "portable"
thing is pretty broad-banded! what are you some kind of radio bigot?
just because my radio is light am i a second class swl? well guess what!
i have a dream! i dream of a day when a man is judged by the content of
his loggings and not by the price of his rig! now everybody play nice
before someone gets an eye poked out! damn, cant we all just get along?

responded to.

Are you 'second class'? I don't know. But I do know that you are obviously a
'tard without a dog in this fight.

Go tote it.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 1st 05, 12:28 AM
David Stinson

dxAceHole wrote:
Are you 'second class'? I don't know. But I do know that you are obviously a
'tard without a dog in this fight.

Looks like all but one of us can "get along," Jim...

Yosemite Sam dxAce Shortwave 14 March 1st 05 03:31 AM
Yosemite Sam's buzzing back? [email protected] Shortwave 0 December 31st 04 01:50 AM
Yosemite Sam Is Dead [email protected] Shortwave 0 December 24th 04 04:28 PM
Yosemite Sam Frequencies dxAce Shortwave 16 December 24th 04 09:45 AM
Anybody Else Here Yosemite Sam on 3700 kHz DSB? Dale Parfitt Homebrew 0 December 23rd 04 08:06 PM