Old December 23rd 04, 09:51 AM
dxAce

Default Yosemite Sam Frequencies

Yosemite Sam has now been traced to four frequencies:

3700
4300
6500
10500

There may be more.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 23rd 04, 06:34 PM
running dogg

dxAce wrote:

Yosemite Sam has now been traced to four frequencies:

3700
4300
6500
10500

There may be more.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Weird. I tried those just now at 1830 UTC or so, and 3700 is just as
loud as ever, 4300 just a little less loud, 6500 about half the strength
of 3700, and 10500 very weak. I shouldn't be hearing ANYTHING in the
lower frequencies at this time of day (about 10:30 am local time), I
can't even hear WWV on 5 Mhz, but I can hear Yosemite Sam loud and
clear. It makes me wonder if Sam is actually coming in via GROUNDWAVE at
my location (Sacramento, California) which means it MIGHT be coming from
one of the 2 or 3 "secret" military transmitters within 20 miles of me.
I don't have any DF equipment at my disposal, so I can't confirm this. I
can't shake the idea that this is some sort of military or spy signal,
perhaps as one poster said a "go signal" for some sort of operation.

Old December 23rd 04, 07:30 PM
MnMikew

"dxAce" wrote in message
Yosemite Sam has now been traced to four frequencies:

3700
4300
6500
10500

There may be more.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Who is this guy Steve?

Old December 23rd 04, 07:30 PM
dxAce

running dogg wrote:

dxAce wrote:

[...]

It is definitely coming from out west somewhere, and if you can hear it on 3700
at 1800 that is a very positive sign.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 23rd 04, 07:33 PM
dxAce

MnMikew wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Yosemite Sam has now been traced to four frequencies:

3700
4300
6500
10500

There may be more.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Who is this guy Steve?

No idea here. Though it may get narrowed down soon, I hope!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 23rd 04, 08:36 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

MnMikew wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Yosemite Sam has now been traced to four frequencies:

3700
4300
6500
10500

There may be more.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Who is this guy Steve?

No idea here. Though it may get narrowed down soon, I hope!

But in the meantime I'm busy loading stripper clips.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 23rd 04, 10:53 PM
running dogg

dxAce wrote:

running dogg wrote:

dxAce wrote:

[...]

I checked just now at 2245, and Sam is gone, replaced by some sort of
steady noise that sounds like QRM from something like flourescent lights
or electronic equipment. But it's the same on all four freqs at the same
signal levels as Sam was. I really think it's coming from a military
transmitter in VERY rural Solano County, about 15 miles as the crow
flies from my location. The transmitter in Yolo County is Coast Guard
point to point, while the one in Solano County is attributed variously
to the AF or the Navy.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 23rd 04, 11:13 PM
dxAce

running dogg wrote:

dxAce wrote:

running dogg wrote:

dxAce wrote:

[...]

I was listening a while ago and did not hear Yankee Sierra.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 24th 04, 12:47 AM
tianli

clear. It makes me wonder if Sam is actually coming in via GROUNDWAVE at
my location (Sacramento, California) which means it MIGHT be coming from
one of the 2 or 3 "secret" military transmitters within 20 miles of me.

Well, I would take a wild guess and say he is in or near "Yosemite" National
Park?
Perhaps it is a remote, solar powered transmitter setup inside a cooler on
one of the high peaks. [shrug]