Old March 5th 05, 03:31 PM
john sumner

wrote in message
oups.com...
Nope. I like it here.

It makes for good material.

And so what if I bother you? You can always PLONK me.....right????

Take care.....

73, Bill - WA8MEA
TinyTenna Casualty & Life
"Screw the AFLAC duck!
We've got the TinyTenna!"

Nah at least you are not like the other mouth breathers that infest this
group in that you do know something about shortwave radio

Old March 5th 05, 04:13 PM

Thank you, John.

You're OK in my book, too.

Have a good Saturday. I must go to the USPS and see how many TT orders
have come in.....

;-)

73, Bill - WA8MEA
TinyTenna Construction Company
"We Build Your Lives...
Around The TinyTenna of Your Dreams."

Old March 5th 05, 04:22 PM

Just killfile me ugly auld arse,dudette.PLONK
cuhulin

Old March 5th 05, 06:19 PM
uncle arnie

If you don't understand killfiles then you've never been on the receiving
end of consistent insults and trolls. There are people who post in this NG
who basically ONLY insult others personally or insult their country. They
post aggressively whatever the topic may be. They alienate and annoy many
of us. These people don't respond to polite suggestions about their manner
of posting, and they often continue to post and post again in the same
topic threads until they finally generate a response. A killfile in this
sort of situation is like telling someone to stop bothering you. Like
finding an "off switch". Justified and necessary, unfortunately. There is
more than enough data to suggest psychological pathology and plain mean
spiritedness for a number of these persons.

To slightly correct you, a killfile is like filtering out static. Makes the
reading so much more pleasant

wrote:

I have never really understood the concept of killfiles. I mean, when
it comes to radio....we seem to want to WALK ON TOP of the other fella
when he/she makes you mad. We jam the living crap out of the person or
subject we don't care to hear.

A Killfile just sounds like the opposite. Instead of jamming, we're
just turning our "receiver" off.

So I'm suppose to be upset when you turn your receiver off and type:
PLONK????? I could care less! Everybody else is participating but
the killfilers!

Another thing: Do you REALLY believe these people killfile all of this
fine subject matter in here??? Of course not!! They're here because
they WANT to be a part of the madness that is rrs! If they were
looking for order and civility....they would go to yahoo-groups....or
something even more wishy-washy.....

Best o' 73,
Bill - WA8MEA
High Atop the Mighty TinyTenna Building
Downtown TinyTenna, Michigan, USA
(Just south of the Mighty TinyTenna Bridge -
the link between the Lower and Upper
Peninsulas)

Old March 5th 05, 07:41 PM
Telamon

In article .com,
" wrote:

Up yours, Telly-tubby. I'm watchin' you too.

Same to you Billy.

First off, I didn't start the troll.

Yeah but you are benefiting from it.

Second, I'm not keeping the subject alive....it's your redneck buddy in Mississippi.

You are the majority poster to the thread if you haven't noticed.

And thirdly, I am not spamming. I have introduced subjects AWAY from the TT.

Yes you are Billy. Starting with the TT and then your other products you
don't make money on. That's one of your jokes right? Then mention the
show you sponsor.

Yeah, hell no that's not spamming Ha, Ha, Ha.

(If you have noticed, I have quit using my usual signature line
mentioning my website....WHICH IS PERMISSABLE USENET ETIQUETTE
ANYWAY......in favor of humorous TT liners.)

Your derogatory sense of humor is not appreciated. I didn't complain
about your sig. The content of your posts are the problem.

You can take your clue, and cut and paste it where from your speaketh:
out of your colon hole......

There is a good example of something no one wants to read but you think
it's "humor."

Now....go out and enjoy the day.....

I don't need your approval. What I will do is continue to read the news
group without you.

Bill boy - WAAAHOO

From the State of Trolling
Big time spamming and Trolling, Michigan, USA
"A Troll In Every thread!"

Plonk

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 5th 05, 08:31 PM

Since Teamon has "PLONKED" me, let me preach to the others in the
choir...and point out his warped sense of logic:

First off, I didn't start the troll.

Yeah but you are benefiting from it.

Ooooooooooooooh!!! What a HORRIBLE sin!!! Last I checked, this WAS
America! And I think we have some form of capitalist government here.

Second, I'm not keeping the subject alive....it's your redneck buddy

in Mississippi.

You are the majority poster to the thread if you haven't noticed.

You are wrong. I'm looking at the thread right now and it's the
Mississippi Moron that has the majority. Your killfile is warping your
process of reasoning.

And thirdly, I am not spamming. I have introduced subjects AWAY

from the TT.

Yes you are Billy. Starting with the TT and then your other products

you don't make money on. That's one of your jokes right? Then mention
the show you sponsor.

Which ALL pertain to SHORTWAVE. If I were you, I'd change your warped
value system and go after the REAL spammers in this group: the
political BS. But you are so hateful of this capitalist system we have
in the U.S., you will do anything to harm it. I know your kind.

Yeah, hell no that's not spamming Ha, Ha, Ha.

No it's not. Here's the CORRECT definition from spam.abuse.com:

**There are two main types of spam, and they have different effects on
Internet users. Cancellable Usenet spam is a single message sent to 20
or more Usenet newsgroups. (Through long experience, Usenet users have
found that any message posted to so many newsgroups is often not
relevant to most or all of them.) Usenet spam is aimed at "lurkers",
people who read newsgroups but rarely or never post and give their
address away. Usenet spam robs users of the utility of the newsgroups
by overwhelming them with a barrage of advertising or other irrelevant
posts. Furthermore, Usenet spam subverts the ability of system
administrators and owners to manage the topics they accept on their
systems.

In a court of law, you know my postings would not be considered spam.

(If you have noticed, I have quit using my usual signature line

mentioning my website....WHICH IS PERMISSABLE USENET ETIQUETTE
ANYWAY......in favor of humorous TT liners.)

Your derogatory sense of humor is not appreciated.

Says who? I'm certainly not going by your screwy opinion of things!

I didn't complain about your sig. The content of your posts are the

problem.

Which, again, is about K I L L F I L E S. Get a REAL life, you poor,
rejected, useless eater....

You can take your clue, and cut and paste it where from your

speaketh:
out of your colon hole......

There is a good example of something no one wants to read but you

think
it's "humor."

I would MUCH rather see witty remarks such as this, than the F U, S U &
SH--, and other crap I'm seeing in here....and for some odd reason, you
don't object to becuase you have a fetish on me and the TT....

Now....go out and enjoy the day.....

I don't need your approval. What I will do is continue to read the
newsgroup without you.
Bill boy - WAAAHOO

SNIP the BS from Telly

Plonk

And I love it! Because I can talk behind his back, and he cant' see
me! And the rest of the gang is still here, enjoying themselves....

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

(And using the Prodigy system....)

73, Bill - WA8MEA
Owner, DWM Communications
http://qth.com/dwm
Host, DX Radio School
http://www.wwcr.com

Old March 6th 05, 05:48 AM
john sumner

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you, John.

You're OK in my book, too.

Have a good Saturday. I must go to the USPS and see how many TT orders
have come in.....

;-)

73, Bill - WA8MEA
TinyTenna Construction Company
"We Build Your Lives...
Around The TinyTenna of Your Dreams."

Thanks bill that means a lot coming from you.