Old March 6th 05, 04:07 PM
RedOctober

Default Naval Strike Group 6230

Mega activity as of 1604 on 6230 USB, some US Navy strike group
training excercise going on. It's mostly phonetic callsigns and
"crypto" language but you can still get a general idea of what is going
on.

4 Aircraft "Magnum 451, 440,454,453" went airborne according to the
radio ops.

Other callsigns (ships and subs?) Foxtrot Echo Five, Lima, Charlie,
Delta, Charlie echo five, november tango romeo, echo fox, Oscar,
Foxtrot.. and others.

Old March 6th 05, 04:15 PM
dxAce

RedOctober wrote:

Mega activity as of 1604 on 6230 USB, some US Navy strike group
training excercise going on. It's mostly phonetic callsigns and
"crypto" language but you can still get a general idea of what is going
on.

4 Aircraft "Magnum 451, 440,454,453" went airborne according to the
radio ops.

Other callsigns (ships and subs?) Foxtrot Echo Five, Lima, Charlie,
Delta, Charlie echo five, november tango romeo, echo fox, Oscar,
Foxtrot.. and others.

Coming in good here at 1614, chances are they are operating on other frequencies
as well, as you probably know.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 6th 05, 04:20 PM
RedOctober

Yup, I heard them talking about other freqs but so far I've only been
monitoring the 6230 frequency because of the excellent signals..
signals were booming better in the early morning 1000-1200 UTC

Maybe some milair monitor can help us figure out the callsigns and what
ships, subs, and aircraft they belong too.

Old March 6th 05, 04:22 PM
dxAce

RedOctober wrote:

Yup, I heard them talking about other freqs but so far I've only been
monitoring the 6230 frequency because of the excellent signals..
signals were booming better in the early morning 1000-1200 UTC

Maybe some milair monitor can help us figure out the callsigns and what
ships, subs, and aircraft they belong too.

I wonder if it's related to the recent Mil Net postings on WUN?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 6th 05, 04:29 PM
RedOctober

I read on Yahoo! news about a naval excercise with navy seals team and
how it related to mysterious dolphin beachings near Key West Florida,
maybe this is the same excercise?

Old March 6th 05, 04:35 PM
dxAce

RedOctober wrote:

I read on Yahoo! news about a naval excercise with navy seals team and
how it related to mysterious dolphin beachings near Key West Florida,
maybe this is the same excercise?

Well, I did see something about some sub exercises that supposedly attributed to
the beaching of the dolphins.

Dolphins, whales etc., have been beaching themselves for unknown reasons before
the advent of sonar, etc.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old March 6th 05, 04:42 PM

Attaway,NAVY,GO NAVY GO!
cuhulin

Old March 6th 05, 04:44 PM

But,Do you think it is wise to give out information like that on the
internet? I am not so sure it is.
cuhulin

Old March 6th 05, 04:47 PM

Remember,Whoaraldo Rivera giving out that "news" in the sand on tv news
not too far back?
cuhulin

Old March 6th 05, 04:49 PM

I read about those Dolphins beaching too.I don't know why they beached
though.
cuhulin