Old March 9th 05, 03:34 PM
BDK

Default SICK ? Read this

In article ,
says...
BDK wrote:

In article ,

says...

Pastor Peter J. Peters is preaching / teaching this morning on God's
health laws.

9985 now - 09:00 EST / 14:00 UTC

12.160 MHz at 12:00 EST / 17:00 UTC

5070 KHz at 11:00 PM | 23:00 EST / 04:00 UTC

He'll also be on at 10:00 pm | 22:00 EST / 03:00 UTC but not this same
message. The 10:00 PM message will repeat at 4:00 AM EST / 09:00 UTC.

This can also be heard via satellite on Telstar 5. Look for SFA or SFAW

It is also available as a live stream at
http://www.scripturesforamerica.org and the programs are archived there.
Look for today's date in the audio section.

When he cures whatever is eating at that brain of his, Be it Syphilis, a
tumor, an infection, or maybe just a hole in his head,
then I'll want to listen for anything more than a laugh..

BDK

It's probably not for you anyway. Go ahead and eat your mice and your
pork! The trichinosis is FREE! Sorry to have disturbed your slumber.

Pork, yes, nothing wrong with it cooked you know, the trichinosis is
killed when heated. Maybe you don't understand that.

But mice?? LOL.

Your kookery is mind boggling..

BDK
Old March 9th 05, 04:56 PM
Al Patrick

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

BDK wrote:

[...]

A google search for "eating mice" yielded over 3900 hits.

The New American Standard Bible, Updated Edition - 1995, in Isaiah 66,
places the eating of swine (pork) in the SAME category as the eating of
mice. Check it out.

Check out the dietary laws in Leviticus. All shell fish are also
unclean. They are the ocean's filters, as are fish which do not have
scales and fins; i.e. the catfish. They are scum eaters. It's about
the same as washing your dishes and then "cooking" the dishrag for lunch
- or maybe the air filter from your furnace or the air or oil filter
from your automobile. Go ahead! Enjoy your pork and shell fish! But
don't blame God when you come down with some disease!

Especially read Isaiah 66:17,

“'Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go to the agardens,
1Following one in the center,
Who eat bSWINE'S FLESH, DETESTABLE THINGS, AND MICE,
Will ccome to an end altogether,' declares the Lord."

[emphasis mine]

For the context go back to verse 10 and read through verse 24. It
discusses "Joy in Jerusalem’s Future" through verse 14 and then talks
about the things which will befall the wicked.

The numbers and letters preceding some of the words refer to available
notes on that verse. I thought to delete them, but decided to allow you
to see that many of the verses do refer you to other verses throughout
the scriptures. Therefore, if a word doesn't look right, consider it
without the first letter or number. ;-)

------

10 “Be ajoyful with Jerusalem and rejoice for her, all you who blove
her; Be exceedingly cglad with her, all you who mourn over her,

11 That you may nurse and abe satisfied with her comforting breasts,
That you may suck and be delighted with her bbountiful bosom.”

12 For thus says the Lord, “Behold, I extend apeace to her like a
river, And the bglory of the nations like an overflowing stream;
And you will 1be nursed, you will be ccarried on the 2hip and
fondled on the knees.

13 “As one whom his mother comforts, so I will acomfort you;
And you will be comforted in Jerusalem.”

14 Then you will asee this, and your bheart will be glad,
And your cbones will flourish like the new grass;
And the dhand of the Lord will be made known to His servants,
But He will be eindignant toward His enemies.

15 For behold, the Lord will come in afire
And His bchariots like the whirlwind,
To render His anger with fury,
And His rebuke with flames of fire.

16 For the Lord will execute judgment by afire
And by His bsword on all flesh,
And those slain by the Lord will be many.

17 “Those who sanctify and purify themselves to go to the agardens,
1Following one in the center,
Who eat bswine’s flesh, detestable things and mice,
Will ccome to an end altogether,” declares the Lord.

18 “For I 1know their works and their athoughts; 2the time is
coming to bgather all nations and tongues. And they shall come and see
My glory.

19 “I will set a asign among them and will send survivors from them
to the nations: bTarshish, 1Put, cLud, 2Meshech, Rosh, dTubal
and 3Javan, to the distant ecoastlands that have neither heard My
fame nor seen My glory. And they will fdeclare My glory among the nations.

20 “Then they shall abring all your brethren from all the nations as
a grain offering to the Lord, on horses, in chariots, in litters, on
mules and on camels, to My bholy mountain Jerusalem,” says the Lord,
“just as the sons of Israel bring their grain offering in a cclean
vessel to the house of the Lord.

21 “I will also take some of them for apriests and for Levites,”
says the Lord.

22 “For just as the anew heavens and the new earth
Which I make will endure before Me,” declares the Lord,
“So your boffspring and your cname will endure.

23 “And it shall be from anew moon to new moon
And from sabbath to sabbath,
All 1mankind will come to bbow down before Me,” says the Lord.

24 “Then they will go forth and look
On the acorpses of the men
Who have 1btransgressed against Me.
For their cworm will not die
dAnd their fire will not be quenched;
And they will be an eabhorrence to all 2mankind.”
Old March 9th 05, 05:12 PM

The New American Standard Bible, Updated Edition - 1995, in Isaiah 66,
places the eating of swine (pork) in the SAME category as the eating of

mice. Check it out.

"Check out the dietary laws in Leviticus. All shell fish are also
unclean. They are the ocean's filters, as are fish which do not have
scales and fins; i.e. the catfish. They are scum eaters. It's about
the same as washing your dishes and then "cooking" the dishrag for
lunch
- or maybe the air filter from your furnace or the air or oil filter
from your automobile. Go ahead! Enjoy your pork and shell fish! But

don't blame God when you come down with some disease!"

That information certainly had some practical value when it was
originally assembled. People knew but didn't understand why some
animals could make them sick if they were eaten so it was good advice
to follow. In todays world it is irrelevant because we know how to
clean and cook food. If the dietary habits of those animals are of
concern to you then you should visit a cattle feedlot or poultry ranch.
Did you know that non-bottom fish can also carry parasites because
they eat the smaller bottom feeders?

You need to look at the world around as it is now rather than blindly
following 2000 year old information.

Old March 9th 05, 09:17 PM
Al Patrick

dxAce wrote:

You've made me hungry for some nice pork B-B-Q or some dandy fried shrimp.

Don't think I haven't eaten my share, and someone else's also, of both
of them. ...Even tried a all-you-can-eat Alaskan snow crab supper a few
times! One guy from Louisiana came back to a construction job I worked
once with about six bushel of craw fish / "craw-dads" and lots of us had
a feast. Have a "good" case of arthritis now. Hope you don't wind up
with the same!
Old March 9th 05, 07:52 PM

I have no idea what the "god factor" is.

We as a species have been dining on beef pork, chicken, swimming fish,
shell fish for a very long time and continue to survive and multiply.
We have discovered that as long as you cook meat the chances of
ingesting a harmful organism are very low. The bottom feeders that you
express concern about may infact pick up poisons, but the larger
non-bottom feeding fish may actually have greater concentrations of
nasty things like mercury because they eat more of the smaller shorter
lived fish and tend to live longer. I would be far more concerned
about the non-organic beef sold in the stores that has been injected
with growth homones, estrogen and antibiotics that appears to remain at
some low level in the meat after slaughter.

We are better off looking toward the scientists and health authorities
for advice about healthful eating than the bible.

Old March 9th 05, 08:10 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"The time is coming," declares the Lord, "when I will make
a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of
Judah.I will put my law in their minds and write it on their
hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people."
(Jer. 31:31,33).

9About noon the following day as they were on their
journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the
roof to pray. 10He became hungry and wanted something
to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into
a trance. 11He saw heaven opened and something like
a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners.
12It contained all kinds of fourfooted animals, as well
as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13Then a
voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
14"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never
eaten anything impure or unclean."
15The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not
call anything impure that God has made clean."
(Acts 10)

14As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced
that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards
something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.
(Romans 14:14)

Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and
understand. What goes into a man's mouth does not make
him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what
makes him 'unclean.' "
(Matthew 15:10&11)

Al,

I think you're easily mislead.

73,

Steve

Old March 9th 05, 09:10 PM
Al Patrick

A new covenant does not mean the law is done away with. Christ said He
CAME NOT to destroy the law, but to fulfill it.

If He had, why not do away with the law of gravity, etc. also?

A quick cut and paste from elsewhere....

------------

The question remains: Why did Christians decide
to disregard these ancient food laws?
The answer lies in "Acts".

The first hint of a rejection of the food laws is found in Acts 10v9-16,
where it is recorded that Peter visited Cornelius. When Peter went to
prey he became hungry, then fell into a trance. He saw heaven open and a
great vessel descend holding all manner of beasts. A voice bid Peter to
eat but he refused on the grounds that he had never eaten anything
common or unclean. The voice replied: What God hath cleansed, that call
not thou uncommon.

The final rejection of the food laws (and indeed of most of the Jewish
Law) is found in Acts 15v24-29, where the meeting of the Council at
Jerusalem is recorded. The rejection comes in response to the Jewish
element directing that the Gentile Christians should be circumcised and
keep the Law. However the leaders of the fledgling Church claimed that
they had given no such commandment, considering that keeping to the
Jewish Law was a subversion of the soul. Instead it was decided:

to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; that
ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things
strangled, and from fornication Acts 15v29,29.

The death knell would have sounded for the early Christian Church had
its leaders insisted that their new Gentile members be circumcised and
keep the Jewish Law. They would have left in droves! Thus it was good
strategy on the part of the Council at Jerusalem to rescind the Jewish Law.

The way was open for Christians to eat Pork!

The Side Effects of Eating Pork

The side effects of eating Pork are well documented and attested.
Perhaps the most famous example is that of the Buddha who died from food
poisoning after eating a pork dinner. Other side effects of eating Pork
include: inflammation, itchiness, swelling, obesity,
meningo-encephalitis, arthritis, focal granulomas or abscesses, body
odour, bad breath, hot or cold flushes, headache, dizziness, heartburn,
seizures, stroke, epilepsy, ocular cysts and myelopathy.

The parasitic Trichinae Worm, which is also referred to as the Pork
Worm, is responsible for some horrific deaths among humans who eat Pork.
From the stomach the worm gradually invades the muscular system, but
the side effects are often attributed to other causes. Eventually the
lava mature into worms, die and calcify, forming cysts. At this stage
the disease is called Cysticercosis. However when the encysted worms
are found on any of: the brain, spinal cord, the membranes enclosing the
brain and spinal cord (meninges) or the eyes, then the disease is called
Neurocysticercosis.

In an article Pig Facts the process of development of the Trichinae
Worm is explained.

The Trichinae is enclosed in a little cyst or sac, which, when taken
into the stomach, is dissolved by the gastric juice and gradually
works its way throughout the whole muscular system.
In five to seven days the larvae mature in the muscles of the human
body. When they finish their life cycle they become encysted into the
internal organs of the host.
The pork worm is unable to be detected with the human eye and most
pathologists have reported that there is a possibility for nearly half a
million of trichinae to be found in each pound of muscle tissue of the
host.

========

Old March 10th 05, 01:27 AM
Stinger

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
A new covenant does not mean the law is done away with. Christ said He
CAME NOT to destroy the law, but to fulfill it.

If He had, why not do away with the law of gravity, etc. also?

186,000 miles per second. It's not just a good idea -- it's the law.

-- Stinger