Old March 12th 05, 01:06 AM
Li Changchun

Default N.Korea (& China?) on the verge of collapse!

China & N. Korea launch harsh crackdowns

China arrests more than 800,000 people for endangering state security

“State Security” arrests top 800,000 in 2004, and show no signs of slowing
down: The number of people arrested by the Communists for “endangering state
security” (Asia News) – the cadres’ catch-all crime for doing anything of
which they do not approve – was 811,102 last year.

http://www.asianews.it/view.php?l=en&art=2731

2005 is promising to be another busy year for the brutal dictatorship – over
2,000 “appellants,” i.e., petitioners bringing their grievances against
local cadres back home to Beijing – have been arrested

Since convening China’s top advisory board, the National Committee of
Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference on March 3, the police
presence on the streets of Beijing has multiplied, with police vehicles
running in every direction.

The amount of public security this year is staggering, and seems to suggest
a growing fear coming from the Chinese government. Preceding the two
conferences, police, public security, national security, armed police,
plainclothes police and urban riot police filled the main streets and small
alleys of Beijing, overflowing into the surrounding areas. Many of the
police are from provinces, cities and autonomous regions sent to “defend the
two conferences.” The government is using more than 600,000 state personnel
to “protect” the several thousand officials attending the conferences.

http://english.epochtimes.com/news/5-3-10/26930.html
__________________________________________________ __

N.Korea

N. Korea launches harsh crackdown
(interesting read)
http://interestalert.com/brand/sitei...02aaa05d83.upi
&Sys=rmmiller&Fid=WORLDNEW&Type=News&Filter=World% 20News
__________________________________________________ __

Enjoy the Voice of Korea propaganda in English:

0100-0200 Z
11735 13760 15180 kHz to N.America

1000-1100 Z
9335 9850 kHz to N.America

1300-1400 Z
9335 11710 kHz to N.America
4405 7570 12015 kHz to Europe

1500-1600 Z
9335 11710 kHz to N.America
4405 7570 12015 kHz to Europe

1800-1900 Z
4405 7570 12015 kHz to Europe

2100-2200 Z
4405 7570 12015 kHz to Europe

Old March 12th 05, 01:52 AM
* Dr. Artaud *

"Li Changchun" wrote in
:

Ah, I see that you do post. Sorry for the confusion.

I look at a specific number of posts, either by poster or subject, and I
have not remembered your posts.

Excellent article on Propaganda at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Coincidentally, it has a North Korean Poster at the top of the page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda Can you tell us what it says?

Regretfully, my understanding of non-English languages is nil, I mean no
offense by my request, I am just curious if you can read it.

Regards

Dr. Artaud

Old March 12th 05, 05:12 PM
Li Changchun

Unfortunately Dr., I do not understand Korean.

If you are interested in Korean "propaganda art" you may wish
to browse - http://www.pyongyangartstudio.com/
However, I would refrain from making any purchase.

"* Dr. Artaud *" wrote in message
"Li Changchun" wrote in
:

Old March 13th 05, 06:35 AM
H. Dziardziel

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:52:19 -0000, "* Dr. Artaud *"
wrote:

"Li Changchun" wrote in
:

Ah, I see that you do post. Sorry for the confusion.

I look at a specific number of posts, either by poster or subject, and I
have not remembered your posts.

Excellent article on Propaganda at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Coincidentally, it has a North Korean Poster at the top of the page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda Can you tell us what it says?

Regretfully, my understanding of non-English languages is nil, I mean no
offense by my request, I am just curious if you can read it.

Regards

Dr. Artaud

Roughly as follows, and since it takes effort to translate the
manga histronics of the slogans I probably won't do more or
comment more about anything beyond this email unless radio
related.
Top slogan: Against oppression -- a mighty blow i.e., smash US's
oppression of us with a crushing assualt or strike
Bottom: Against castigation -- ruthless beating, i.e., merciless
punishment for the way we are derided and treated.

These are Chinese character derived so although simple syllables
are saturated with varied meanings that cannot be simply
translated into another language except Chinese or Japanese..

By the way, North Koreans live and breathe these slogans. They
fervently believe them and will gladly die for them, especially
the troops and average person. .

Old March 16th 05, 11:39 PM
§ Dr. Artaud §

H. Dziardziel wrote in
:

Thanks for the translation. I had no chance in obtaining it otherwise, as I
don't even have the fonts necessary to express it for the online
translation sites, let alone that the sentences are part of an image and
not text available for copy to the clipboard.

Old March 25th 05, 04:16 PM

All this talk of China and North Korea collapse is becoming crap.

5 years ago, i might have believed it (i even took a brief look at the
book by some Gordon... talking about China's impending collapse), but
looking at the way progress is going on in both North Korea and China,
it will be irrational to believe in a collapse.

Economic reforms will always satisfy a greater proportion of the
population than political reforms. Just look at the case of Singapore,
where there is less political freedom than even China, where people
can't join another political party without destroying their lives and
career, where the country is ruled by one family, but 50,000 Americans
live happily as expatriates in the country, and hundreds of American
companies, like HP and Exxon have billion dollar factories in the
country.

If anyone wants to champion freedom, first talk about Singapore and its
American allies. Virtually no one in Singapore, local (myself
included) or foriegner is interested in political freedom at the
expense of money and livelihood. This is a fact of life.

Old March 25th 05, 04:24 PM

HELL,LET THEM COLLASPE!
cuhulin

Old March 25th 05, 04:25 PM

singapore TOO!
cuhulin

Old March 25th 05, 04:28 PM

hp? You mean hewlett packard? LET THEM COLLASPE TOO! That Bitch! carly
fiorina who used to be a big hotshot at hewlett packard once said
Americans do not have a right to have jobs.
cuhulin

Old March 12th 05, 09:00 PM
uncle arnie

How much western debt does China hold? I think it is quite high,
particularly for the USA. This would mean grave economic problems for the
west if China is "on the verge of collapse". As for N Korea, they are so
disconnected from the world, no-one would notice except for those of us who
like the comedy of their SW broadcasts

junk snipped