Old March 12th 05, 03:40 AM
running dogg

Default Fading on 31m

Has anybody noticed that 31m seems to be subject to deep fades that can
make program content unintelligible? I've noticed this on BBC 9525 and
Radio Havana 9820 but it seems to be the whole band that is affected.
Signals will drop below audibilility for a second or three then pop back
up for a little while then drop back. It seems that those two stations'
outlets on 49m (5975 and 6000) are unaffected. The fading on 31m seems
to happen almost every day, and seems to be confined to 31m.

Old March 12th 05, 04:59 AM
Telamon

In article , running dogg wrote:

Has anybody noticed that 31m seems to be subject to deep fades that can
make program content unintelligible? I've noticed this on BBC 9525 and
Radio Havana 9820 but it seems to be the whole band that is affected.
Signals will drop below audibilility for a second or three then pop back
up for a little while then drop back. It seems that those two stations'
outlets on 49m (5975 and 6000) are unaffected. The fading on 31m seems
to happen almost every day, and seems to be confined to 31m.

Go buy a radio with synchronous detection like a Drake R8B and those
fading problems go away for the most part.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 12th 05, 04:25 PM

Most likely it has to do with conditions, most bands are not doing good
right now since we are at the bottom of the sunspot cycle, as a ham
working HF I can tell you that the lower bands like 80m and 160m dont
seem to suffer that much but from 40m and up the signals are showing
lots of flutter and fading.

Night time fading on short wave Telamon Shortwave 5 February 12th 05 02:49 AM
GRAYLAND 2004 FALL DXPEDITION: Compiled Logs for Oct 15-17 (Part 1) 4nradio Shortwave 4 November 1st 04 10:44 PM
medium wave DX'ing for Art Bell :-) Michael Shortwave 10 October 12th 03 12:57 PM
1.110 AM ??? Michael Shortwave 4 October 6th 03 02:11 PM
5.100 USB fading badly Diverd4777 Shortwave 0 August 11th 03 01:15 AM