RadioBanter

-   -   Drake R8B... Discontinued! (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/66772-drake-r8b-discontinued.html)

[email protected] March 17th 05 05:17 PM

I'm speechless.

I'm afraid to leave my house for fear that I'll be kidnapped, held
against my will in a cheap hotel and deprived of sleep until I've been
'programmed' to appreciate the merits of the 800!

Any day now I just know that someone's going to argue that the Grundig
Mini World 100 PE (perhaps suitably modified) is superior overall to
the AOR 7030+. It's just a matter of time.

Steve

dxAce March 17th 05 05:18 PM

wrote:

Ha. I've listened to enough broadcasts to know that
my S800 ain't perfect. Oh, it gets rid of some hets and
some splatter, and better than most portables and
portatops, but using the advanced tools on the
regular tabletop you can eliminate a heck of a lot more.
After all, if what you say were completely true, then
why do people pay cash for an IC-R75 or R8B or
NRD-545 or 7030?? Or why are some of the Kenwoods,
Icoms, JRC's and Drakes of the past so valued?

--Mike L.

I'm sorry Mike, but if you have the audacity to acknowlegde even the
bare, logical possibility that the S800 has even a single weakness or
shortcoming, I'm afraid it's time for you to go. Come back after you
'get your mind right'.

Will he be sent to an 'S800 re-education camp'?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dxAce March 17th 05 05:23 PM

wrote:

I'm speechless.

I'm afraid to leave my house for fear that I'll be kidnapped, held
against my will in a cheap hotel and deprived of sleep until I've been
'programmed' to appreciate the merits of the 800!

Any day now I just know that someone's going to argue that the Grundig
Mini World 100 PE (perhaps suitably modified) is superior overall to
the AOR 7030+. It's just a matter of time.

It will probably happen. Amazing things occur here every day.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Michael Lawson March 17th 05 05:30 PM

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

Right after I get deprogrammed from my "not all
that Radio Shack does is good and right" opinions.

--Mike L.

dxAce March 17th 05 05:31 PM

Michael Lawson wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

I'm speechless.

I'm afraid to leave my house for fear that I'll be kidnapped, held
against my will in a cheap hotel and deprived of sleep until I've

been
'programmed' to appreciate the merits of the 800!

Any day now I just know that someone's going to argue that the

Grundig
Mini World 100 PE (perhaps suitably modified) is superior overall

the AOR 7030+. It's just a matter of time.

It will probably happen. Amazing things occur here every day.

Hold on, lemme go get my 100PE that's upstairs....

::returns::

::tries radio::

Wow!! Did you know you could get Rush on shortwave??
Oh, wait, that's AM BCB.... Nevermind.

I guess that the 100PE isn't as good as a 7030+. I'll report
for deprogramming tomorrow.

But can it possibly be modified to work as well?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] March 17th 05 05:35 PM

A bus will pick you up in the morning. When the driver and his
attendants enter your home, please just follow their instructions. Do
not bring a radio. An S800 will be provided for you at the camp.

Steve

[email protected] March 17th 05 05:35 PM

I listen to Rush Limbaugh on most any of my old raggity old beat up old
radios.
cuhulin

dxAce March 18th 05 12:35 AM

-=jd=- wrote:

On Thu 17 Mar 2005 07:03:23p, dxAce wrote in
message :

-=jd=- wrote:

On Thu 17 Mar 2005 12:31:24p, dxAce wrote
in message :

Michael Lawson wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

[...]

You could duct-tape it to the side of a Drake. On second thought, don't
use duct-tape. Just position it near the Drake. Then, just use the
Drake and imagine you are using the 100PE. You should also probably
make sure there are no batteries in the 100 PE -- One can't be too
careful with these things...

I'm really not sure just how big that 100PE is, but maybe I could pull
the cabinet on one of the Drakes and just set the darn thing inside?

I'm just looking for a way to improve my reception.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Improved reception through osmosis!

You'll make billion$!!

Yeah, guess that might have been a possibility, but now the R8B is discontinued.

I suppose I could still set up shop to do modifications though.

I will install your 100PE into your Drake R8 series receiver for $59.95 +
shipping. Installation of the 100PE into other receivers upon request, please
call for availability.

I may need some help due to the upcoming demand, are you willing to relocate JD?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Li Changchun March 18th 05 12:42 AM

Have you lived there? Or are you just a couch political anal-ist?

wrote in message
oups.com...
You seem to be adept at avoiding uncomfortable questions by answering
them with questions. Is it possible that you really don't know the
answer? Please think the question over and try responding tomorrow.

Li Changchun wrote:
Have you lived there? Or are you just a couch political anal-ist?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Try responding to the question with an answer rather than dodging

with
another question. Again:

Really...now that is a statement sounds like it is making a point

when
it really isn't. Please tell me what you are really saying.

Surely
you can't be saying that China will only change when the CCP has
completely disappeared. Surely all the change that I have read

about
for the past 20+ years isn't a figment of some reporter's

imagination
is it?

Are you saying that the only change that will occur in China will
happen after the CCP has completely disappeared? If so, how do you
account for all of the change that has been reported in the last 20
plus years.

Or are you just trying to make a coy political statement without
backing it up.....

Li Changchun wrote:
Have you lived there? Or are you just a couch political

anal-ist?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Really...now that is a statement sounds like it is making a

point
when
it really isn't. Please tell me what you are really saying.
Surely
you can't be saying that China will only change when the CCP

has
completely disappeared. Surely all the change that I have read
about
for the past 20+ years isn't a figment of some reporter's
imagination
is it?

Li Changchun wrote:
wrote
I'm not sure shortwave will prove to be a viable
alternative to the net in China. The governmental net

controls
are
far
from perfect right now. I see a gradual loosening of

controls
on
society in general and the net in particular as China

becomes
more
secure in it's position as a major economic and political
player.

The only thing that will "loosen" anything in China is when

the
CCP
is hung
up on the rafters.