Old March 15th 05, 06:29 AM
mike maghakian

Default how times have changed in the radio world !

I just got a real nice Drake R7 and was trying to learn whatever I could
about it.
I came across this post from 1999. today this package would go for abut
$1500, yet it lasted at least several days !!! I wish I had gotten this kind
of a dream deal on my R7 !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drake R7 Serial #00002812

Includes:

NB-7 Noise Blanker
AUX-7 Board
MS-7 External Speaker
Sherwood SE-3 Mark II
Drake 4245 control knobs
Original manual and Drake box.

On 12-21-98 the radio was serviced by R.L. Drake and underwent an
alignment at a cost of $215.22. Operationally and cosmetically this
setup is a 9 out of 10. Beautiful radio. Too many radios and need $
for home stereo.

$850 plus shipping CONUS only. No trades. Serious inquires only.

Regards,

Victor Trucco
KD6PTO
Portland, Oregon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old March 15th 05, 06:40 AM
running dogg

mike maghakian wrote:

I just got a real nice Drake R7 and was trying to learn whatever I could
about it.
I came across this post from 1999. today this package would go for abut
$1500, yet it lasted at least several days !!! I wish I had gotten this kind
of a dream deal on my R7 !!!

In 2000 I traded an almost new, in box Sony 2010 for a Yaesu FRG-8800. I
had bought the Sony a year earlier for $200 (a BIG STRETCH in 1999). I
found that the Sony didn't meet my listening needs at the time (I was
into chasing pirates, which broadcast using SSB, and the 2010's lack of
a tunable BFO was frustrating). So essentially I got Yaesu's best model
for $200. I believe the post I saw originally asked $250 for it. I still
use the Frog every day. I have a Degen 1102, but the Frog works better
with poor propagation. Try getting that sort of deal today! Ebay has
essentially inflated prices drastically. OTOH, you can get a Chinese
portable for $50 from Liypn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old March 15th 05, 06:51 AM
running dogg

running dogg wrote:

mike maghakian wrote:

[...]

Apparently people hold on to their Frog 8800s. I found a grand total of
THREE on ebay, and two of those were nonworking parts radios. The other
auction still had nine and a half days left to go.

Old March 15th 05, 07:28 AM

Back in the late 1940's,my brother (he was eight years older than I)
came home with a shortwave radio.I remember him putting the antenna on
the roof of our house.He tuned in and folks around the World were
talking about the aftermath of World War Two.By the way,he was a
Helicopter Mechanic at Vung Tau,Vietnam in 1964,the same year I was at
Shannon Wright Compound www.114thaviationcompany.com in 1964.I was
at Shannon Wright Compound for about three months and then I got
transfered to Tan Son Nhut (same Company,114th Aviation Company) for the
remainder of my Tour Of Duty in Vietnam. www.tsna.org It was his
second Tour Of Duty in Vietnam following a year in Germany.Before all of
that,he was a U.S.Army MP.
cuhulin

Old March 15th 05, 07:31 AM

Legal or not,I DO like Pirate Radio.
cuhulin

Old March 15th 05, 07:33 AM

Get a Chinese made radio and honus the colunus will call you a Commie
*******.
cuhulin

Old March 15th 05, 03:15 PM
Honus

wrote in message
Get a Chinese made radio and honus the colunus will call you a Commie
*******.

My, that was clever. I was merely making an observation. You hate google so
much.

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1379 – January 16, 2004 Radionews Broadcasting 0 January 19th 04 12:57 AM