Old March 22nd 05, 08:32 PM
Lars Brandt

Thank you everybody for all tips. I think its ok now.I found a screw behind
the tuning knob on the front. When I removed the screw, there was no noise
anymore.
Another question, how can I get loose the potentiometer knob? I think it is
glued.
//Lars

"David" skrev i meddelandet
The balanced mixer module acts as a microphone.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:59:18 GMT, "Lars Brandt"
wrote:

No I use a whip antenna and no ground connection.
Is it neccesary to connect RX to ground? I have no good ground connection

in
my flat.
So it is normal with noise from the tuning knob if I don't have connetion

ground?
//Lars
"Dale Parfitt" skrev i meddelandet

"Lars Brandt" wrote in message
Hi Steve
I don't think the problem is feedback vibration from the speaker. I

have
listen even in headphones and then the speaker is quite.It is when I

turn
the tuning knob I can hear a rassle sound even in the headphones.

Are you using an external antenna with a decent RF ground? Not unusual

hear encoder noise when using the atached whip and internal preamp.
Grounding the RX will eliminate this.

Dale W4OP

Old March 23rd 05, 12:47 AM

The potentionmeter knob might have a tiny little set screw that holds it
onto the shaft.
cuhulin

Old March 23rd 05, 03:56 AM
Dave Holford

This was discussed a few months back and I seem to recall that the cap of the
knob was removable; which allowed access to a screw which would loosen the knob.
I have encountered other knobs that work this way so that might be the answer.

Although I can get a knife edge under the end cap of mine, it does not seem to
want to pop off, and I am not inclined to experiment with much force.

A search of the archives might confirm the answer.

Dave

Old March 23rd 05, 01:45 PM

If the head of that philips screw is interfering with something,perhaps
file the head of the screw down and hacksaw a slot in the head of the
screw so a flat blade screwdriver can be used to tighten the screw back
down.I have worked on screws a lot of times before with hacksaws and
files.And hammers and chisels and cussin them damn screws and bolts out
:{)
cuhulin

Old March 24th 05, 12:32 AM
Robert Wilson

Another question, how can I get loose the potentiometer knob? I think it is
glued.
//Lars

Not near my hf150 now, but I changed out the pot (noisy) a year ago &
don't seem to remember any screw on the volume knob. I seem to
remember just pulling it off? I may be wrong, but I don't remember
EVER having forgotten anything

I do remember the cursed design virtually requires disassembly &
unsoldering of every part on the board before the volume control could
be removed. Not quite but extremely poor placment of the volume pot.

Robert