Old March 28th 05, 05:25 AM
Telamon

Default BBC runs by buch of STUPIDS

In article , running dogg wrote:

Jim wrote:

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 03:39:44 +0200 (CEST), Anonymous
wrote:

Recently witout anoncement cut their shortwave broadcasr drrasticly. No
longer 5975 avilable after 0100 UTC to N.America or Carebians
tHOSE SCHEDULES WICH HAVE POSTED ON THEIR wEB SITES ARE INCURRECT.
At least they could post a revised Frequencies

As my point of view BBC recently Runs by bunch of STUPIDS.

First of all, dude, get a spell checker.

Second, I'm listening to 5975 right now, at 0205. Seems like your
information is "INCURRECT"!

5975 was S9+40 at 0210 tonight. Surprising, considering it's now out of
Guiana beamed towards South America. I started out listening to their
new frequency of 9825 because yesterday 5975 abruptly went off at 0200.
9825 was about S7-S9 with a really bad het caused by it being so close
to Radio Havana on 9820, but I nulled the whistle using USB. When 9825
started to fade, I switched over to 5975. If 5975 continues being this
strong I will continue listening to it. BTW, 12095 is pretty much
inaudible here in California, last night you could barely hear it
popping above the noise floor every so often, tonight nothing. 12095 is
towards SAm from a UK tx.

The BBC made plenty of announcements on air about their reduced schedule
to the Americas, but they directed listeners to their website, and I
don't know how many South American listeners have access to the
internet. As far as I know the schedules on their website are correct.
5975 is beamed to South America instead of the Caribbean after 0100, but
I believe it's on to SAm until 0400, albeit from 2 or 3 different
transmitters.

Yes, 12,095 is usually not great for southern California either.

5,975 has been and still is good. Is 9,525 still on earlier or did it
move to 9,825 today? Maybe that was a typo?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 28th 05, 06:21 PM
Mark Zenier

In article , running dogg wrote:
wrote:

And you are shocked because....?
All such organizations are populatin by politcal types,
who have no real world understanding. The only thing
that surprises me is the BBC hasn't shut down all
of their SW services. After all, as their "going digital
program" expounds, "the web can do everything".
I can only sugest that you get used to an ever declining
number of SW broadcasters. That is why I listen to
utility statins. There are still lots of them about.
Terry

DW has shut down ALL services to the Americas, and the BBC is getting
there.

No, DW has (as of the last time I hit their web site, a few months
ago) a hour long daily program targeted to North America, but only
for rebroadcast by their "partners" . Might be on WRN, or on the DRM
transmission out of Sackville.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old March 28th 05, 06:23 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Telamon wrote:
5,975 has been and still is good. Is 9,525 still on earlier or did it
move to 9,825 today? Maybe that was a typo?

9525 was the BBC in Spanish during 0:00-1:00, but went off the air
at 1:00.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident