Old April 8th 05, 06:21 PM
saki

Default BBC frequencies 0100 UTC to USA west coast?

I haven't heard the English service of the BBC on 9525 for a couple weeks
and their 5975 service doesn't seem to be on before 0200 UTC. Last summer
11835 was in use at this time but doesn't seem to be used at the moment.

Is there a reliable BBC frequency catchable on the USA west coast from 0000
or 0100?

----

Old April 8th 05, 08:01 PM
RHF

SAKI,
Old April 8th 05, 08:35 PM
saki

"RHF" wrote in news:1112986918.033850.93890
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

SAKI,
.
Along the West Coast : LA, SF, PO and SW
could all have varrying reception reports.
.
Seat Down and Listen to each of these :
11.945 MHz
11.955 MHz
15.280 MHz
15.310 MHz
15.360 MHz
17.655 MHz
17.790 MHz
Between 5 PM and 6 PM PDT
.
ymmv ~ RHF

Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for; I'll try 'em out.

----

Old April 9th 05, 02:15 AM
running dogg

saki wrote:

I haven't heard the English service of the BBC on 9525 for a couple weeks
and their 5975 service doesn't seem to be on before 0200 UTC. Last summer
11835 was in use at this time but doesn't seem to be used at the moment.

Is there a reliable BBC frequency catchable on the USA west coast from 0000
or 0100?

----

The BBC no longer uses 9525 as of 27 March. The new frequency is
9825-but only between 0200-0300, a broadcast of The World Today (current
events), fine if your interest is news, otherwise you're out of luck.
The East Asia service is audible in California on 15280 (Thailand) and
15360 (Singapore) after 0000, but that fades out after local sunrise in
Asia around 0300. That also has a different schedule, for example it
plays The World Today at 0000 according to the BBC website. The BBC has
drastically cut back broadcasts to the Americas, probably with an eye on
eliminating them entirely for A06, leaving us out in the cold.

Old April 9th 05, 04:37 PM
David

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 11:06:25 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

David wrote:

On 8 Apr 2005 17:21:40 GMT, saki wrote:

I haven't heard the English service of the BBC on 9525 for a couple weeks
and their 5975 service doesn't seem to be on before 0200 UTC. Last summer
11835 was in use at this time but doesn't seem to be used at the moment.

Is there a reliable BBC frequency catchable on the USA west coast from 0000
or 0100?

----

XM Channel 131

Is that shortwave, 'tard boy?

I see that you're getting off to a rather bad start again today.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

5 inches is a pretty short wave, Sweetheart.

Old April 9th 05, 04:40 PM
David

wrote:

David wrote:

On 8 Apr 2005 17:21:40 GMT, saki wrote:

I haven't heard the English service of the BBC on 9525 for a couple weeks
and their 5975 service doesn't seem to be on before 0200 UTC. Last summer
11835 was in use at this time but doesn't seem to be used at the moment.

Is there a reliable BBC frequency catchable on the USA west coast from 0000
or 0100?

----

XM Channel 131

Is that shortwave, 'tard boy?

I see that you're getting off to a rather bad start again today.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Main Entry: short·wave
Pronunciation: 'short-"wAv
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
1 : a radio wave having a wavelength between 10 and 100 meters
2 : a radio transmitter using shortwaves
3 : electromagnetic radiation having a wavelength equal to or less
than that of visible light

Old April 9th 05, 04:41 PM
dxAce

wrote:

David wrote:

On 8 Apr 2005 17:21:40 GMT, saki wrote:

I haven't heard the English service of the BBC on 9525 for a couple weeks
and their 5975 service doesn't seem to be on before 0200 UTC. Last summer
11835 was in use at this time but doesn't seem to be used at the moment.

Is there a reliable BBC frequency catchable on the USA west coast from 0000
or 0100?

----

XM Channel 131

Is that shortwave, 'tard boy?

I see that you're getting off to a rather bad start again today.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

5 inches is a pretty short wave, Sweetheart.

Do you understand what the word 'terrestrial' means, 'tard?

Take your meds and go tote it.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 9th 05, 04:41 PM
David

wrote:

David wrote:

On 8 Apr 2005 17:21:40 GMT, saki wrote:

I haven't heard the English service of the BBC on 9525 for a couple weeks
and their 5975 service doesn't seem to be on before 0200 UTC. Last summer
11835 was in use at this time but doesn't seem to be used at the moment.

Is there a reliable BBC frequency catchable on the USA west coast from 0000
or 0100?

----

XM Channel 131

Is that shortwave, 'tard boy?

I see that you're getting off to a rather bad start again today.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I just realized that the Webster's dictionary made a mistake. Radio
waves have wavelengths greater than visible light, not less than.

Old April 9th 05, 05:08 PM
Howard

wrote:

David wrote:

On 8 Apr 2005 17:21:40 GMT, saki wrote:

I haven't heard the English service of the BBC on 9525 for a couple weeks
and their 5975 service doesn't seem to be on before 0200 UTC. Last summer
11835 was in use at this time but doesn't seem to be used at the moment.

Is there a reliable BBC frequency catchable on the USA west coast from 0000
or 0100?

----

XM Channel 131

Is that shortwave, 'tard boy?

I see that you're getting off to a rather bad start again today.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I just realized that the Webster's dictionary made a mistake. Radio
waves have wavelengths greater than visible light, not less than.

Webster's just hasn't kept up with the times, and yes - there are
errors as well as glaring omissions. Case in point:
Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright
ideas from penetrating.

I make no claims for those this may apply to, let everyone decide that
for themselves and enjoy a private laugh.

BTW, Thanks for the All India Radio report David, got closer to a
legit logging today - heard the voices but the audio was a bit too
'funky' for me to clearly ID ......... there's always the next day.
Did you catch it on your R8 or SW2?
Old April 9th 05, 06:14 PM
David

wrote:

David wrote:

[...]

I got it on the R8B in my office which uses a 50' random wire driving
a Palomar MLB which drives 2 [ea] 50' pieces of Radio Shack RG-58/U
with a UHF barrel in the middle.

I also got it on the ICOM R-75 in the kitchen, which is hooked up to
about 150' of wire that goes through the garage, up a 25' mast on the
corner of the yard, then slopes the length of the yard to the
neighbor's fence.

Didn't try the SW2, which is mainly for MW (Coast to Coast AM on KKOH,
KGO for Bill Wattenburg, and the 2 Vegas flamethrowers). KFI comes in
very badly here since their tower got knocked over. The SW2 is fed by
an MFJ-1024 active on top of a 20' support pole (for one end of the
R8B 50' wire). It also has 100' of RG-58/U. The SW2 is my AM bedside
radio. A Tivoli Model One is my FM bedside radio.