RadioBanter

-   -   Lucky me if you can believe it (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/69326-lucky-me-if-you-can-believe.html)

Ryan April 20th 05 03:27 AM

Lucky me if you can believe it

I was looking all over the net for a shortwave tabletop radio and had
decided on a Sony ICF-SW7600GR. I looked at Amazon.com and saw many
places to buy but what caught my eye was a place( I'll tell you when
it comes whereI bought it), and they show a price of $39.95. Well I
say sure it is and keep looking. Well, it says NEW for $39.95 and they
have a 5 star rating. So I say what the hell, I buy it for the $39.95
plus 7 bucks shipping. I get confromation of purchase by email and a
shipping date. I look there today and the price is back to $149.00.
You think someone goofed and coded in the wrong price? They have to
honor the price so how lucky is that?

Brian Denley April 20th 05 03:39 AM

Ryan wrote:
I was looking all over the net for a shortwave tabletop radio and had
decided on a Sony ICF-SW7600GR. I looked at Amazon.com and saw many
places to buy but what caught my eye was a place( I'll tell you when
it comes whereI bought it), and they show a price of $39.95. Well I
say sure it is and keep looking. Well, it says NEW for $39.95 and they
have a 5 star rating. So I say what the hell, I buy it for the $39.95
plus 7 bucks shipping. I get confromation of purchase by email and a
shipping date. I look there today and the price is back to $149.00.
You think someone goofed and coded in the wrong price? They have to
honor the price so how lucky is that?

Ryan:
What luck!

--
Brian Denley

Ryan April 20th 05 01:37 PM

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 03:59:15 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

In article ,
Ryan wrote:

I was looking all over the net for a shortwave tabletop radio and had
decided on a Sony ICF-SW7600GR. I looked at Amazon.com and saw many
places to buy but what caught my eye was a place( I'll tell you when
it comes whereI bought it), and they show a price of $39.95. Well I
say sure it is and keep looking. Well, it says NEW for $39.95 and they
have a 5 star rating. So I say what the hell, I buy it for the $39.95
plus 7 bucks shipping. I get confromation of purchase by email and a
shipping date. I look there today and the price is back to $149.00.
You think someone goofed and coded in the wrong price? They have to
honor the price so how lucky is that?

Good price but it's a portable not a tabletop radio.

I know.

Ryan April 20th 05 10:25 PM

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:28:50 -0500, wrote:

It was their screwup,not yours.They honored your payment already.
cuhulin

They say it was Amazons error and they will refund the money I paid.
I argued with them but they won't budge. Sure Needs doesn't even have
a phone number. It takes 7 days to refund but the sure took the money
out of my account in minutes. It would be like me saying I'll take 5
bucks for an item on Ebay, getting paid then reversing myself saying i
put the wron amount on bid. You can't win with these guys.

[email protected] April 20th 05 10:41 PM

Look in your phone book under Attorneys and phone one of them and tell
him (or her) about the problem.If you talk to an Attorney over the phone
for a couple of minutes,I don't think they will charge you any money.It
is the same thing as if you bought something at a physical store in your
area and after leaving the store,store personell came running out there
in the parking lot saying,Hold on there a minute,we sold (read that
agian,SOLD) you an item at too low a price.You have your receipt and
they can NOT do anything about it at all,the Law is on your side.I wish
it had been ME that paid (PAID) for that rado.I would just love (LOVE)
to see them try to get it back.I am not sue crazy and I have never tried
to sue (SUE) anybody before,but I would SUE! the HELL out of them!
cuhulin

[email protected] April 20th 05 10:47 PM

At the very least,I would definetly tell Amazon or Sure
Needs,whichever,I am thinking about asking an Attorney (and y'all just
know how crooked those crooked greedy Attorneys are) about what are my
rights? I believe you would win.
cuhulin

Ryan April 20th 05 10:50 PM

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:25:26 -0500, Ryan
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:28:50 -0500, wrote:

It was their screwup,not yours.They honored your payment already.
cuhulin

They say it was Amazons error and they will refund the money I paid.
I argued with them but they won't budge. Sure Needs doesn't even have
a phone number. It takes 7 days to refund but the sure took the money
out of my account in minutes. It would be like me saying I'll take 5
bucks for an item on Ebay, getting paid then reversing myself saying i
put the wron amount on bid. You can't win with these guys.

Greetings from Sureneeds,
We regret to inform you that an error resulted in incorrect pricing on
April 18th for the item(s) you purchased from Sureneeds.com through
the Amazon.com website. We are unable to offer the item(s) for the
incorrectly posted price. This occurred due to a corrupted data feed
between Amazon and our self. Therefore, we have cancelled the item(s)
from your order xxx-xxxx-xxxxx and we have requested that a refund be
processed for the amount you were charged. This refund should be
processed within the next 7-10 days.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
If you have any further questions about this order, please contact us
at:

We value your business and hope that you will give us a chance to
serve you again in the future.
Sincerely,
Sureneeds

John S. April 20th 05 11:01 PM

To get the radio at $39.95 you would probably have to sue and I'm not
sure you would win. I'm no lawyer, but I have to wonder if there isn't
some common sense rule that applies in situations like this. If it is
obvious to all that an honest mistake was made and the seller has
offered to make you whole (refunding all purchase costs) then you would
be in a position of having to show that you have been damaged by not
being able to buy the radio.

RHF April 20th 05 11:03 PM

RYAN,

dxAce April 20th 05 11:04 PM

wrote:

Look in your phone book under Attorneys and phone one of them and tell
him (or her) about the problem.If you talk to an Attorney over the phone
for a couple of minutes,I don't think they will charge you any money.It
is the same thing as if you bought something at a physical store in your
area and after leaving the store,store personell came running out there
in the parking lot saying,Hold on there a minute,we sold (read that
agian,SOLD) you an item at too low a price.You have your receipt and
they can NOT do anything about it at all,the Law is on your side.I wish
it had been ME that paid (PAID) for that rado.I would just love (LOVE)
to see them try to get it back.I am not sue crazy and I have never tried
to sue (SUE) anybody before,but I would SUE! the HELL out of them!

I rather doubt he has a case.

dxAce
Michigan
USA