Old April 20th 05, 03:27 AM
Ryan

Default Lucky me if you can believe it

I was looking all over the net for a shortwave tabletop radio and had
decided on a Sony ICF-SW7600GR. I looked at Amazon.com and saw many
places to buy but what caught my eye was a place( I'll tell you when
it comes whereI bought it), and they show a price of $39.95. Well I
say sure it is and keep looking. Well, it says NEW for $39.95 and they
have a 5 star rating. So I say what the hell, I buy it for the $39.95
plus 7 bucks shipping. I get confromation of purchase by email and a
shipping date. I look there today and the price is back to $149.00.
You think someone goofed and coded in the wrong price? They have to
honor the price so how lucky is that?
Old April 20th 05, 03:39 AM
Brian Denley

Ryan wrote:
I was looking all over the net for a shortwave tabletop radio and had
decided on a Sony ICF-SW7600GR. I looked at Amazon.com and saw many
places to buy but what caught my eye was a place( I'll tell you when
it comes whereI bought it), and they show a price of $39.95. Well I
say sure it is and keep looking. Well, it says NEW for $39.95 and they
have a 5 star rating. So I say what the hell, I buy it for the $39.95
plus 7 bucks shipping. I get confromation of purchase by email and a
shipping date. I look there today and the price is back to $149.00.
You think someone goofed and coded in the wrong price? They have to
honor the price so how lucky is that?

Ryan:
What luck!

--
Brian Denley

Old April 20th 05, 01:37 PM
Ryan

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 03:59:15 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

In article ,
Ryan wrote:

I was looking all over the net for a shortwave tabletop radio and had
decided on a Sony ICF-SW7600GR. I looked at Amazon.com and saw many
places to buy but what caught my eye was a place( I'll tell you when
it comes whereI bought it), and they show a price of $39.95. Well I
say sure it is and keep looking. Well, it says NEW for $39.95 and they
have a 5 star rating. So I say what the hell, I buy it for the $39.95
plus 7 bucks shipping. I get confromation of purchase by email and a
shipping date. I look there today and the price is back to $149.00.
You think someone goofed and coded in the wrong price? They have to
honor the price so how lucky is that?

Good price but it's a portable not a tabletop radio.

I know.
Old April 20th 05, 10:41 PM

Look in your phone book under Attorneys and phone one of them and tell
him (or her) about the problem.If you talk to an Attorney over the phone
for a couple of minutes,I don't think they will charge you any money.It
is the same thing as if you bought something at a physical store in your
area and after leaving the store,store personell came running out there
in the parking lot saying,Hold on there a minute,we sold (read that
agian,SOLD) you an item at too low a price.You have your receipt and
they can NOT do anything about it at all,the Law is on your side.I wish
it had been ME that paid (PAID) for that rado.I would just love (LOVE)
to see them try to get it back.I am not sue crazy and I have never tried
to sue (SUE) anybody before,but I would SUE! the HELL out of them!
cuhulin

Old April 20th 05, 10:47 PM

At the very least,I would definetly tell Amazon or Sure
Needs,whichever,I am thinking about asking an Attorney (and y'all just
know how crooked those crooked greedy Attorneys are) about what are my
rights? I believe you would win.
cuhulin

Old April 20th 05, 11:01 PM
John S.

To get the radio at $39.95 you would probably have to sue and I'm not
sure you would win. I'm no lawyer, but I have to wonder if there isn't
some common sense rule that applies in situations like this. If it is
obvious to all that an honest mistake was made and the seller has
offered to make you whole (refunding all purchase costs) then you would
be in a position of having to show that you have been damaged by not
being able to buy the radio.

Old April 20th 05, 11:03 PM
RHF

RYAN,

Great SSB Speakers Cheap Lucky Shortwave 6 March 31st 05 05:11 AM
Boy are we lucky! Universal Radio is still around Radioman390 Shortwave 15 June 15th 04 10:03 PM
Feeling lucky? Check this one out on ebay then.... Nc183d Boatanchors 3 December 5th 03 08:50 PM
LUCKY US ®K4OKA©BIG**AL** General 0 October 3rd 03 12:44 AM
LUCKY US ®K4OKA©BIG**AL** General 0 October 3rd 03 12:44 AM