Old April 25th 05, 01:15 AM
€ Dr. Artaud €

David wrote in newsm9o61p8unot7i1t149tsfbfehqt5lk3d8@
4ax.com:

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/content/laws.html

Fortunately we live in a free country (sic). Look at this page for a
summary of laws concerning use of scanners, as found in various countries.
I list it as found, I do not know if it is accurate.

Dr. Artaud

That's not true. You are not allowed to listen to any conversations
to which you are not a party, regardless of your radios' capabilities.

The only exception is for Public Service communications in the clear
(and broadcasters on their main channel.) It is even illegal to
listen to an STL on an RPU.

Old April 25th 05, 01:45 AM

I wouldn't even think about having sex with a damn wool blanket.I prefer
my sex with them wimmins.Breaking News! This just in! Starting
immediately! All electronic listening devices in canaDUH are to be
confiscated by the canaDUHian govt!
cuhulin

Old April 25th 05, 02:03 AM
D. Martin

Before the newly purchased scanners had blocked frequencies, in the
early nineties, a friend of mine bought one. He would bring it around,
and all I cared to hear was telephone action. The only call I remember
was between a man and a woman. He was begging for her to take him back.
Begging. She was absolutely cool. He was a pathetic excuse for a man. I
laughed out loud. I told my buddy if I ever spout off such spineless
dribble, put me down like a defective horse. Darren
http://hometown.aol.com/darren1965co...e/profile.html

Old April 25th 05, 11:08 AM
Brad

"? Dr. Artaud ?" wrote in message
http://www.strongsignals.net/access/content/laws.html

Fortunately we live in a free country (sic). Look at this page for a
summary of laws concerning use of scanners, as found in various countries.
I list it as found, I do not know if it is accurate.

Dr. Artaud

No. *I* live in a free country. Australia. You live in a country with 15
exceptions to scanners. Check out the list.
Brad.

Old April 25th 05, 05:05 PM
Frank Dresser

"Conan Ford" wrote in message
3.159...

It was probably an image of a 27 mhz phone.

Maybe, but I've heard more than one which put spurious signals right in the
SW spectrum.

Frank Dresser

Old April 25th 05, 05:16 PM

Australia is a free Country? The govt over there grabbed y'alls shootin
irons and crime over there shot wayyyyy up! I don't call Australia a
free Country.
cuhulin

Old April 25th 05, 05:33 PM

www.advanced-intelligence.com (in Thailand,I think that is where they
are located) sells some gadgets.I don't see anything there that I want
though.
cuhulin

Old April 25th 05, 05:40 PM

I haven't heard any telephone conversations with my two Radio Shack
scanners (Pro-91 and a Pro-33) in about seven or eight years.I guess
everybody in my neighborhood has spread spectum (or whatever it is
called) telephones now.I never have heard them on any of my other
radios before.Of course U.S.Mlitary and U.S.fed govt have some devices
that lets them listen to any telephone conversations and there are
U.S.Satellites wayyyyy up there that can do the same thing.
cuhulin

Old April 25th 05, 05:44 PM

Even when your telephone is hung up,the phone operators can press some
switches and listen in to your phone.They can listen to sounds up to
about thirty feet away from your phone.Just as easily as listening to
music on the internet with computers and even webtv.
cuhulin

OT - TELEPHONE PROBLEMS Keith Hosman KC8TCQ CB 0 June 30th 04 11:36 PM
Peaked and Tuned Dan CB 108 May 15th 04 03:48 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
Why Can't N-ZERO-IMD Validate His Own Claims...?!?! Steve Robeson, K4CAP Policy 90 April 5th 04 12:02 AM
Freqs for cordless ph pro 95 help The Ts Scanner 4 January 5th 04 05:45 AM