Old April 27th 05, 11:43 AM
Jason

Default World set to end in 2011

Tuned into Open Forum on 7360 last night at around 22.45 BST.

According to the Bible Basher, all signs in the bible point to the Second ComingT of Christ as happening in 2011.

Everyone will see him apparently, and the dead will be resurrected.

Might want to stay in.

After all of the prophecies predicting the end of the world (Hoaxes included.) how does anyone expect to take him seriously?

Makes London's bid for the 2012 Olympics seem trivial.
Old April 27th 05, 01:09 PM
David

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:43:55 +0100, "Jason"
wrote:

Tuned into Open Forum on 7360 last night at around 22.45 BST.

According to the Bible Basher, all signs in the bible point to the Second ComingT of Christ as happening in 2011.

Everyone will see him apparently, and the dead will be resurrected.

Might want to stay in.

After all of the prophecies predicting the end of the world (Hoaxes included.) how does anyone expect to take him seriously?

Makes London's bid for the 2012 Olympics seem trivial.

Seems a tad optimistic...

Old April 27th 05, 01:14 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Fredrick Garvin" wrote:
"End of world" idiots crack me up! What a sad sad life they must lead....

(Chuckling)

Better look out, truss-man; Brother Stair may be reading this!

73,

Steve

Old April 27th 05, 09:58 PM
Michael A. Terrell

RM MS wrote:

End of the World? Again? Anbody remember when Harold Camping predicted
the end about 9 years back? That was on Open Forum also.

There ware some people on WIYE TV in Orlando predicting the second
coming in '87 or '88. I was working there as an engineer and we ended
up making over 1000 VHS copies of the show. We wore out three new VCRS
and had to make new VHS masters several times. The staff thought it was
funny, but we were paid for the production and air time, plus all the
tapes.
--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old April 28th 05, 02:40 AM
Cmd Buzz Corey

Fredrick Garvin wrote:
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 11:43:55 +0100, Jason expelled the following:

Tuned into Open Forum on 7360 last night at around 22.45 BST.

According to the Bible Basher, all signs in the bible point to the Second
ComingT of Christ as happening in 2011.

Everyone will see him apparently, and the dead will be resurrected.

Might want to stay in.

After all of the prophecies predicting the end of the world (Hoaxes
included.) how does anyone expect to take him seriously?

"End of world" idiots crack me up! What a sad sad life they must lead....

I have witnessed dozens of end-of-the-world predictions in my life time,
and every time the latest one is the sure thing. A bunch of loonies.
Old April 28th 05, 04:05 AM
running dogg

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

RM MS wrote:

End of the World? Again? Anbody remember when Harold Camping predicted
the end about 9 years back? That was on Open Forum also.

There ware some people on WIYE TV in Orlando predicting the second
coming in '87 or '88. I was working there as an engineer and we ended
up making over 1000 VHS copies of the show. We wore out three new VCRS
and had to make new VHS masters several times. The staff thought it was
funny, but we were paid for the production and air time, plus all the
tapes.

Yes, they're dumb in Florida too. The state that voted for both George
W. Bush AND Al Gore, depending on how you counted the votes. The Supreme
Court simply counted them in Bush's favor.

BTW, Camping predicted the end in 1994. He even wrote a fat book called
"1994?". I remember seeing a bunch of them on sale at my local Tower
Books in 1995 for $1.50-original price $19.99. The Christians just won't
give up.

Old April 28th 05, 05:42 AM

I thought the World was suppose to end fifty years ago.
cuhulin

Old April 28th 05, 05:54 AM
jon

Greetings Guys! I have read all of your comments on the subject and I
agree with you on one point, people should not set dates. I have
studied the Bible for the last 40 years and I read specifically that no
man knows the day or the hour. That doesn't change the fact that it
will happen. Having read your posts I know that you don't agree with
what I just said. So, if you must flame me go ahead. I want to speak
the truth. I occasionally listen to the shortwave preachers, and most
are just finding a soap box to stand on to either try to make some
money, or to try to make a case for their brand of doctrine. Most tell
some truth, but do more damage than good. I would rather read from the
Bible for the amount of time it takes to listen to any of the shortwave
preachers as I find most laking a lot of truth. I am ready today no
matter when he comes, and he will.

Have a great week! Jon in South Carolina.

Old April 28th 05, 07:39 AM

Scientist who study the Universe say our Sun is about halfway through
it's lifespan,which is about four and a half billion years.After our Sun
uses up all of it's fuel,there will not be any life at all in our Solar
System.(according to them) I don't believe mankind/humankind (whatever
y'all want to call it) will be around long before our Sun burns
out.Between today and then,Anything can happen and it probally will.
cuhulin