Old May 19th 05, 02:00 PM
Merlin

Default Latin & Jazz shortwave stations ?

I would like to know the frequencies and times of operation of Latin &
Jazz music shortwave stations that can be picked up from the UK ?

Many thanks

Merlin

Old May 19th 05, 03:23 PM
Lucifigus

I'm not sure how easy it is to pick up this from UK, but every weekday
the BBC broadcasts an hour of great jazz at 0001 UTC on 6110 kHz.

The discussion is in Spanish but the music is universal.

Gary Weber

Old May 19th 05, 05:38 PM
Merlin

Cheers,

But it is not usual to be able to pick up BBC shortwave broadcasts
from the UK. I used to know one of their African broadcasters and
I could never pick up his programmes. Sadly he is no longer with us.

Thanks anyway

Merlin

Old May 20th 05, 01:07 AM
running dogg

Merlin wrote:

I would like to know the frequencies and times of operation of Latin &
Jazz music shortwave stations that can be picked up from the UK ?

Many thanks

Merlin

Try Radio Havana Cuba. They broadcast a fair amount of Cuban jazz on
their North American Service from 0100-0700 UTC. I know this is the wee
hours of the morning UK time, but if you happen to be up, it's a good
listen for those interested in Latin jazz. I'm not sure if Cuba
broadcasts to Europe; you can check databases such as Eibi or try
searching for their website, I think it's radiohc.cu but I'm not sure.
Cuba has an extensive Spanish language service to the Latinoamericas
that also features lots of music.