Old May 22nd 05, 09:58 AM
mike

Default Sangean ats-606A how do I get it apart?

Bought a used Sangean ATS-606A. There's something loose
inside rattling around. But I can't get the case open.
Removed the screw. Can pry the bottom apart, but the
top won't budge. I'm afraid to pull any harder.
Is there a secret to getting it apart?
Thanks, mike

..
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
htremovethistp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/

Old May 22nd 05, 12:23 PM
Dan

There is a manual in the yahoo Sangean group.
I think C Crane co said you use a small plastic Spatula to push in the
plastic tabs;
- I tried it, then chickened out & sent it to them to fix..
Too fragile; designed NOT to be opened by most, IMHO.

- So they put in a new antenna; works fine

Dan

Old May 22nd 05, 12:44 PM
Jim

i saved an old post that gives extensive info on getting this radio
apart. i am sending it to your e-mail, so look before you dump all your
junk mail!

Old May 22nd 05, 08:07 PM
mike

Dan wrote:
There is a manual in the yahoo Sangean group.
I think C Crane co said you use a small plastic Spatula to push in the
plastic tabs;
- I tried it, then chickened out & sent it to them to fix..
Too fragile; designed NOT to be opened by most, IMHO.

- So they put in a new antenna; works fine

Dan

Thanks for the inputs.
Doesn't look promising.
I tried to join the Sangean group to find the manual,
but they won't let me. Seems that somebody's gotta approve.
Interesting that there ain't no information to approve.
If I wanted the information next week, I'd have asked next week ;-)
Sigh!!!
mike

..

Old May 23rd 05, 02:00 AM
mike

Jim wrote:
i saved an old post that gives extensive info on getting this radio
apart. i am sending it to your e-mail, so look before you dump all your
junk mail!

Thanks, it helped. Managed to get it apart breaking only one tab.
Had a short (1/4") piece of #16 solid wire between the speaker and case
causing all the distortion. Wonder how the heck that got in there??
If this thing had a BFO, it would be a nice radio ;-)
I like the ICF-SW100 much better.
mike

..
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
htremovethistp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/

Sangean 606A , opening up same [email protected] Shortwave 3 March 5th 05 05:44 PM
SHOPPING FOR SMALL SW: NEED RECOMMENDATIONS ulTRAX Shortwave 10 November 1st 04 07:04 PM
KA1102 vs. Sangean 606 vs. Tecsun PL230 Juan Gonzalez Shortwave 7 September 17th 04 04:18 AM
Sangean Problems? DeWayne Shortwave 11 March 10th 04 10:36 PM
RadioShack DX-399 Shortwave (same as Sangean ATS 606A) longbch Shortwave 0 November 13th 03 04:06 AM