Old June 2nd 05, 04:19 PM
Lucky

Default Astron PSU Arrived..DENTED

Hi Guys

Well my "brand new in Box" only taken out of box for pictures, arrived with
a dent in the bottom left hand side near the switch. It was double boxed and
had bubble wrap around it. The boxes arrived in Perfect condition. Not
crushed at all.

I wondered what the hell is going on here.
So I go back to the auction and take the picture he put up and enlarged it.
Sure enough you can see the dent in the picture if you look hard. I can't
believe this ****.

Take a look at the auction yourself. Take the picture and enlarge it. That's
the only way to see it. Look at the bottom left hand side and you can see
it's dented it on the side. What would you guys do? It looks like it might
have been dropped or something. Notice how he doesn't mention ONE word about
this dent. WTF is this world coming too?
Could the PSU be damaged inside?

Look along the left hand side and move down near the bottom. See it?

Lucky

Old June 2nd 05, 04:21 PM
Lucky

"Lucky" wrote in message
[...]

Heck you can see it even if you don't enlarge it if you look good. How the
hell can someone just out and out LIE like that? How??????????? Stinkin
*******.

Lucky

Old June 2nd 05, 04:44 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

[...]

So you ranted here first? No mention of contacting the seller?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 2nd 05, 04:51 PM
Namikis

Part of life on ebay.

Leave negative or neutral feedback (assuming it works) - but first try to
get the person that sold it to allow you to return the item or adjust the
price down for the dent. Power supplies are fairly resilient to dents.
Test t with an oscilloscope if you have access to one. Trust me, someone
with a 183 positive feedback clean record will want to do anything to keep
it that way!

Old June 2nd 05, 04:54 PM
dxAce

beerbarrel wrote:

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:19:12 -0400, "Lucky"
wrote:

[...]

hahahaha

I've got a feeling that this one is going to go as long as the one a short while
back about how he lost an auction.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 2nd 05, 05:18 PM

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Lucky. I hope that the unit works
okay. Indeed, as Namikis observed, such occurances as this are "part
of life on eBay."
In the meantime, to vent your anger, try giving that Everlife
flashlight a good shake, okay?
By the way, did all 100 of the pipe screens arrive in acceptable
condition?

Old June 2nd 05, 05:22 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Lucky wrote:

[...]

Yes, it's totally shot and will probably burn your high-rise condo down. And
then the insurance won't pay off because you were foolish enough to buy a dented
power supply.

Toss it out the window. Wait... look out the window first and make sure no one
is down there lest you be sued, and then a fire will be the least of your
worries.

"Lucky"... sure, you betcha.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 2nd 05, 05:29 PM
RickH

According to the description in the auction:
This was removed from a factory sealed box only to be photographed.

By not mentioning the dent, I think he is hiding something. I wouldn't take
a chance. I would return the item to him and leave negative feedback. That
will teach him a lesson. I wouldn't accept a financial settlement, because
if the item is defective its useful life is reduced.

RickH