Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 26th 05, 04:27 AM

Default Does AM MW/HF have a Pre/De-emphasis?

It is late and I have been up a little too long.
I have spent an hour wading through my reffrence books,
and the ITU web pages.

Earlier today I found a reffrence that states that the
"standard Pre/De-emphasis is 75uS", and implies that
this is also true for HF.

I thought that 75uS was for non-Dolby FM,50Us for US TV and
European FM and that MW/AM and HF/AM had no pre/de-emphasis.
Have I lost what is left of my mind?

I have been trying to decide on the best pivot point for my
tone-tilt. Craig at Kiwa used 700Hz. The best diagram I found
was from a guitar link and was designed to be used with spring
reverbs and had the pivot at 1KHz. I have been experimenting
and think I may have to have two, one for 700Hz for male voices,
and one about 1.4KHz for females.

Does anyone have and use a Kiwa MAP unit?
Is the 700Hz too low to be really efective on female voices?

Thanks
Terry