Old July 3rd 05, 09:40 PM

Default Shortwave Radios

About three months (or less) ago,I saw a website at www.gizmodo.com
about a guy in Norway who owns a lot of German World War Two era
Shortwave Radios.I am not a computer guru about back tracking and
looking up things like that,I am only a guru with the pretty
wimmins.Some of y'all so-called computer experts might want to look up
those radios on the internet.
cuhulin

Old July 3rd 05, 10:07 PM
Anders Henriksen

About three months (or less) ago,I saw a website at www.gizmodo.com
about a guy in Norway who owns a lot of German World War Two era
Shortwave Radios.I am not a computer guru about back tracking and
looking up things like that,I am only a guru with the pretty
wimmins.Some of y'all so-called computer experts might want to look up
those radios on the internet.
cuhulin

Why? What do you want to know? They used tubes, coils, capacitors, resistors
and a few other things. Nothing special, except the power supply - that was
great stuff.

--
Anders Henriksen - born without teeth
supermule [at] lite [dot] dk

Whosoever is delighted in solitude, is either a wild beast or a god

Old July 3rd 05, 10:39 PM
Arthur Pozner

What is so special about their power supplies--silver chokes or super
filter capacitors?

Old July 3rd 05, 10:43 PM

When I first saw that website,I immediatly emailed it to one of my six
webtv email addresses.I am sure it is still floatin around somewhere.
cuhulin

Old July 3rd 05, 10:49 PM

Nawww,the website I saw was about some super duper German Shortwave
Radios that y'all would drool over,I kid you not.hey Anders,tell all of
them purty wimmins over there that old Hansom Larry in Mississippi loves
them.Get some of them to email me too.
cuhulin

Old July 3rd 05, 10:57 PM

Start drooling, www.devilfinder.com German Radio Collection.I want
to drool on the wimmins.
cuhulin

Old July 3rd 05, 11:04 PM
Anders Henriksen

"Arthur Pozner" skrev i en meddelelse
What is so special about their power supplies--silver chokes or super
filter capacitors?

Parallel resonance.

Old July 3rd 05, 11:19 PM
Arthur Pozner

Will you be so kind and be more specific?

Old July 4th 05, 10:42 AM
Anders Henriksen

"Arthur Pozner" skrev i en meddelelse
Will you be so kind and be more specific?

After rectification of the the line voltage, two parallel resonance filters
are employed in the positive supply line and the ground line respectively.

Take a look at

http://www.loddeklatten.dk/radio/schem/tanksupply.htm

I have put some more information there. One of these days I will upload the
original schematics.

Old July 5th 05, 01:26 AM
Arthur Pozner

Thanks,very informative. Germany did possess a scientific cutting edge
once upon a time...