Old July 16th 05, 12:13 PM
dxAce

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Disco has a better chance of returning than his sanity does!

...and you've been patiently waiting, haven't you, you Dancing Fool...

Beats being a dumbass Canuck any day of the week.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 16th 05, 01:43 PM
m II

dxAce wrote:

Beats being a dumbass Canuck any day of the week.

....yawnnnn...

I doubt they taught you the number of days in a week. If they did, you've
certainly forgotten. Which days' names can you actually remember? Do you even
remember if ALL weeks have the same number of days?

mike
Old July 16th 05, 01:46 PM
dxAce

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Beats being a dumbass Canuck any day of the week.

...yawnnnn...

I doubt they taught you the number of days in a week. If they did, you've
certainly forgotten. Which days' names can you actually remember? Do you even
remember if ALL weeks have the same number of days?

Doesn't matter 'tard boy... no matter what, I'm still not a dumbass Canuck!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 16th 05, 02:03 PM
m II

dxAce wrote:

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Beats being a dumbass Canuck any day of the week.

...yawnnnn...

I doubt they taught you the number of days in a week. If they did, you've
certainly forgotten. Which days' names can you actually remember? Do you even
remember if ALL weeks have the same number of days?

Doesn't matter 'tard boy... no matter what, I'm still not a dumbass Canuck!

That's hilarious. You don't appear know the name of even ONE day of the week.
Changing the topic won't get you off the hook, loon. Get whoever reads these
newsgroup postings to you to go down to the variety store on Main Street and
look at the calendar for you. I realize you can't leave the wheelchair until
your insurance claim is settled.

mike
Old July 16th 05, 02:14 PM

God isn't dead,neither is Shortwave Radio.
cuhulin

Old July 16th 05, 02:19 PM
dxAce

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

m II wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Beats being a dumbass Canuck any day of the week.

...yawnnnn...

I doubt they taught you the number of days in a week. If they did, you've
certainly forgotten. Which days' names can you actually remember? Do you even
remember if ALL weeks have the same number of days?

Doesn't matter 'tard boy... no matter what, I'm still not a dumbass Canuck!

That's hilarious. You don't appear know the name of even ONE day of the week.
Changing the topic won't get you off the hook, loon. Get whoever reads these
newsgroup postings to you to go down to the variety store on Main Street and
look at the calendar for you. I realize you can't leave the wheelchair until
your insurance claim is settled.

Whatever, 'tard... I'm still not a dumbass Canuck!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 16th 05, 02:25 PM
Greg

From: "KNRX"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 15 Jul 2005 05:30:51 -0700
Subject: *** SHORTWAVE IS DEAD WHY BOTHER?????

Ok, where do I start? Is there a guide somewhere?

Yes, www.google.com

I'm not trying to be a smartass here. Do searches for military coms,
hurricane nets (very busy at the moment), utilities listening, or whatever.
You'll find some web sites with lots of info. You can quickly take the
paths that interest you, better than following a random list of links that
we might provide for you here.

I was not a DXer
nor would I describe myself as a shortwave enthusiast in the past. I
just enjoyed listening to a few shortwave stations mainly for
information I couldn't get locally at the time. I have a friend who
enjoys plane-spotting. He goes to Logan Airport with a camera almost
everyday and gets excited when he sees a new plane or one in new
"colors" or strange markings. Is being a shortwave enthusiast a little
like that or is it more useful and less neurotic?

You don't have to be neurotic to be an SWLer, but being neurotic helps if
you want to participate in this newsgroup!

Happy listening.

Greg

See what I mean?

Greg Disco Duck

Old July 17th 05, 07:29 PM

scott wrote:
diminished international broadcasts...bpl coming....why bother with sw
anymore

Well for one thing, everyone who is important in the defense, state,
and intelligence departmnet still uses it. INTERNET is too easy too
trace, and is full of bugs.

Second, if it is dead then I suggest you get a better receiver...it is
crawling with signals.

And third, in my line of work, the bad guys and everyone with a cause
is using it......only a fool would use a system or a computer with
tracability on it and throughout the servers it threads the
communications to.

SW is far from dead...probably the same people who missed out on the
Cold War action are missing out on the hottest thing since then.

Old July 17th 05, 07:44 PM

When the s... hits the fan,good old Shortwave Radio and good old Ham's
rokin on the waves are the ONLY means of communication on the
air,Period! Shortwave Radio isn't dead and Shortwave Radio will never
die.There are always Shortwave Radio Cowboys and Shortwave Radio
Cowgirls to keep Shortwave Radio alive.Folks,if y'all are ahead of the
herd,please don't forget to look back once in a while to see if I am
still here,, and if you are wearing Spurs,don't squat too low.
cuhulin

Old July 17th 05, 07:48 PM

Sometimes,I forget what day of the week it is (like I should care?) and
I can never remember dates.Like that pretty married Irish woman wayyy
over yonder across the big pond says,I am getting old and senile.Except
she spells senile with a p.
cuhulin