Old July 17th 05, 07:51 PM

www.hurricanealley.net Shortwave Infared.Seee,I am always on topic.
cuhulin

Old July 17th 05, 08:03 PM

Get a standby (or two or three) Shortwave Radio,they don't need to be
the high priced spred) put them in a metal trash can with a tight
fitting lid,put a few handy dandy walkie talkies in there too.The old
tube type radios are the best (in my opinion)
Shortwave/AM/FM/whatever,tube type radios.Just like Firearms,Buy
one,Hide one.
cuhulin

Old July 17th 05, 08:53 PM

My dingaling is deader than Shortwave Radio will ever be.
cuhulin

Old July 17th 05, 08:55 PM

Nothing is wrong with my addeled old brain.
cuhulin

Old July 17th 05, 08:56 PM

I say,NUKE HAARP.
cuhulin

Old July 17th 05, 10:38 PM

Sounds like Smokey and the Bandit explaining which CB bands to go
to.Who,when,what and where.
cuhulin

Old July 17th 05, 11:47 PM
Brian Hill

"MnMikew" wrote in message

David is awaiting the return of disco. :-)

He probably is posing in front of the mirror right now with his Angel Flight
pant and his silk shirt. LOL!!!

B.H.

Old July 18th 05, 01:25 AM
Jim Barrett

David wrote in
:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 13:44:57 -0500, wrote:

When the s... hits the fan,good old Shortwave Radio and good old Ham's
rokin on the waves are the ONLY means of communication on the
air,Period! Shortwave Radio isn't dead and Shortwave Radio will never
die.There are always Shortwave Radio Cowboys and Shortwave Radio
Cowgirls to keep Shortwave Radio alive.Folks,if y'all are ahead of the
herd,please don't forget to look back once in a while to see if I am
still here,, and if you are wearing Spurs,don't squat too low.
cuhulin

I don't think your short wave will do you much good. Isn't the whole
point of HAARP to destroy the ionosphere?

The ionosphere cannot be "destroyed" it is constantly being created /
renewed by the effects of incoming solar particles. In fact, the
ionosphere's D layer completely disappears on the night side of the earth,
but returns full-strength in a matter of less than one hour after sunrise.

Sometimes the entire global ionosphere IS completely "destroyed"
(electrically neutralized) after the CME from a large solar flare impacts -
but it always returns once the storm subsides.

The ill-informed make a big deal about the multi-megawatt ERP of the HAARP
antenna array. As it happens, the electron current in the ionosphere at any
given moment from solar radiation amounts to hundreds of BILLIONS of watts.
Compared to that, the effect of HAARP is like a mosquito biting an
elephant.

HAARP might indeed be able to create a small localized "hole" in the
ionosphere directly above the transmitting array - in the same way you
could create a temporary "hole" in the surface of a glass of water by
putting an object in the glass - a hole which would fill and disappear the
moment you remove the object... just as any HARRP-induced effect on the
ionosphere would quickly disappear once the array is switched off.

The crap that HAARP alarmists believe never fails to amaze me. It's a sad
commentary on the poor state of science and math education in the public
schools.

J. Barrett