Old July 22nd 05, 12:45 AM

Not a personal attack.And I am not a canuk,I am a Champion Mississippi
Coonass.
cuhulin

Old July 22nd 05, 01:01 AM
dxAce

MnMikew wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

MnMikew wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

"John S." wrote:

beerbarrel wrote:
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:29:37 -0400, Cmdr Buzz Corey
wrote:

John S. wrote:

Yes, or require that prospective drivers be proficient in the

use
of a
buggy whip in addition to passing a written and practical

driving
test.

If they are going to drive a buggy, it might be a good idea.

Maybe we should just drop the driving test altogether...well start
with your kids.

And that's the point. The written and practical drivers test is a
measure of whether a prospective driver knows something about the

law
and theory of driving and has some proficiency in the operation of a
motor vehicle.

The written amateur test proves that the owner has some knowlege of

the
theory of radio construction and operation.

The morse code test only tests the ability to translate a language

for
which there is no practical use. It does not shed any light on the
ability if the prospective ham to operate a ham radio in a safe and
courteous manner. A live on-the-air test of a prospective ham

setting
up a rig and using voice or one of the digital modes would prove
something about his competence as a radio operator.

Copying morse code proves nothing.

Sure it does you stupid 'tard... it proves one can do it!

Which proves????

I give up...

Be a lazy 'tard!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Code proficient.

You're sure not phone proficient.

Wanna bet?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 22nd 05, 01:13 AM
dxAce

Cmdr Buzz Corey wrote:

John Smith wrote:
All that can be taken care of with new bandwidth allocations. All we
do is benefit from is finally getting some new and interesting minds
to communicate with. Chatting with ancients farts gets old quickly...

Eleminating the CW test won't bring in any significant numbers of new
minds into ham radio. Ham radio just isn't interesting to the current
generation code test or no code test. All your yapping is for naught.

That's just their current excuse for dropping the code. The tired old line about
the buggy whips just wasn't cutting it any more.

Bottom line, the majority are simply either too stupid or too lazy to take the
time to learn it.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old July 22nd 05, 01:13 AM
John Smith

COBOL viable?

Hmmm, you mean in the sense that Egyptian mummies are still "viable?"

Well damn, they did make damn durable mummies back then, didn't
they??? grin

And, COBOL continues to go away slowly... but little new is actually
created in it, but uncounted lines of COBOL code is still
maintained--like the mummies...

John

"beerbarrel" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:29:47 -0500, "MnMikew"
wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

John Plimmer wrote:

I couldn't agree more with dropping CW from the ham test.
It reminds me of the legal profession here in South Africa.
It used to be a requirement that lawyers had to pass Latin in
high

school
and have at least two courses in Latin for their law degree.
That was scrapped about ten years ago amid loud protests from
the

dinosaurs.
Today the law profession is flourishing more than ever before
with high
quality judges and advocates.
The only thing I have noticed is that the high and mighty no
longer spew

out
Latin quotations = R.I.P.

Our SARL (South African Radio League) ham club is diminishing by
the

year
and the once crowded ham bands are now empty.
We need to make it easier for new entrants to come into this
wonderful
hobby.

Why does everything need to be made easier? Can't the 'tards learn
the

code? If
so, WHY can't the 'tards learn the code?

If ordinary folks could pass the test in years past what is so
different

today?

Laziness?

It's like being certified in COBOL when you work on MSSQL, it's a
waste of
time.

But COBOL is still a viable language....

Old July 22nd 05, 01:18 AM
John Smith

Yeah, in fact, that same argument is frequently made in regards to
knitting and crochet--the girls today are too stupid and lazy...

Darn, then too, the automobile drivers today are too stupid and too
lazy to learn how to properly groom and care for a riding horse these
days...

Gawd, it just keeps getting worse, don't it?

John

Old July 22nd 05, 01:20 AM
John Smith

LOL...

Never seen one-o-those type of Mississippians before!

Might be worth takin' a look at ya!

ROFLOL!!!

.... good humor... grin

John

Old July 22nd 05, 01:21 AM
dxAce

John Smith wrote:

Yeah, in fact, that same argument is frequently made in regards to
knitting and crochet--the girls today are too stupid and lazy...

Darn, then too, the automobile drivers today are too stupid and too
lazy to learn how to properly groom and care for a riding horse these
days...

Gawd, it just keeps getting worse, don't it?

Yep, your utter bull**** is indeed getting worse!

But hey, you keep on trying! For a mere 'tard boy you certainly are
entertaining.

Old July 22nd 05, 01:44 AM
John Smith

dxace:

If you can't see there is an EXACT correlation to the tripe I use to
make fun of the tripe you are spitting at us--you are misnamed, and
should be called dx-idiot!

John

Old July 22nd 05, 01:47 AM
dxAce

John Smith wrote:

dxace:

If you can't see there is an EXACT correlation to the tripe I use to
make fun of the tripe you are spitting at us--you are misnamed, and
should be called dx-idiot!

Difference is 'tard boy... I'm not a dx-idiot!

But hey, you keep trying!

Old July 22nd 05, 01:52 AM
John Smith

dx-idiot:

This ain't kansas anymore, but hold whatever opinion of yourself you
would like... it is a free country...

John