Old July 21st 05, 12:20 PM
Joel Rubin

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:33:36 -0700, "John Smith"
wrote:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-05-143A1.doc

John

Code ability should be one alternative among other technical tests. It
seems very odd to freeze a technical test in a museum of bygone
technology.

Old July 21st 05, 12:31 PM
dxAce

wrote:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-05-143A1.doc

John

Code ability should be one alternative among other technical tests. It
seems very odd to freeze a technical test in a museum of bygone
technology.

If one cannot learn at least a minimal 5 WPM code then they have absolutely no
business obtaining an amateur license.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 21st 05, 09:33 PM

I am agains't the FCC dropping CW requirement.I haven't learned any
CW,but I say CW requirement should stay.
cuhulin

Old July 21st 05, 10:01 PM
John Smith

Hurry, write your congressman, call 911, see if george will take your
call!

ROFLOL!!! This is lovely! And, about damn time the FCC came to its
senses! Your comments decry the need for fresh young minds with fresh
new ideas...

.... being forced to communicate with the same old dried figs on the
nets has grown very tiresome!

John

Old July 21st 05, 11:56 PM

I have one of them little yellow plastic Morse Code cards around here
somewhere and I own a couple of Ham Transceiver Radios too.I will not
use them though unless I first learn Morse Code and get my license
first.
cuhulin

Old July 25th 05, 03:57 AM
Brian Denley

wrote:

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-05-143A1.doc

John

Code ability should be one alternative among other technical tests.
It seems very odd to freeze a technical test in a museum of bygone
technology.

If one cannot learn at least a minimal 5 WPM code then they have
absolutely no business obtaining an amateur license.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

That's like saying that if you don't know how to do octal math you have no
business using a computer. Where is the logic (no pun intended) ? Most new
amateurs have no interest in cw. If they have the theory down (and the
bucks for the equipment), let 'em join! If they are too stupid, they'll
electrocute themselves anyway.

--
Brian Denley