Old July 22nd 05, 06:53 AM
DeWayne

"Cmdr Buzz Corey" wrote in message
John S. wrote:

Yes, or require that prospective drivers be proficient in the use of a
buggy whip in addition to passing a written and practical driving test.

If they are going to drive a buggy, it might be a good idea.

As far as the 5 wpm code goes it's near worthless. It there was an emergency
the person would be more likely to die from old age by the time he got the
message sent or copied. If there's going to be a code requirement it should
be fast enough to accomplish something immediately rather than too late at 5
wpm. Let's start at 20 wpm and make everyone retest periodically so they
won't get rusty. But there probably wouldn't be many hams left that could
pass the 20. Actually I'd rather see the code dropped.

Old July 22nd 05, 07:07 AM

UP the FCC,Sideways! Frankly,George,I believe there are nothing but a
bunch of Fools and Idiots and Morons running the FCC nowdays.Let us
study for a moment.Wasen't it them Fools at FCC that was considering
broad band over powerlines.Yeah,and FEMA started b......g about it and
them Fools at FCC backed down.UP the FCC,Sideways! 100 hundred miles
Sideways!
cuhulin

Old July 22nd 05, 07:09 AM

Oh,I got my drivers license at Sears and Roebuck forty eight years ago.I
am cool to go.
cuhulin