Old July 28th 05, 01:54 AM
David

On 27 Jul 2005 17:00:40 -0700, "John S." wrote:

Yes, and I can drag out the innumerable glowing reviews of the 2010
over it's very long run as a popular high quality portable. The 803
was a decent radio and a good deal for the money, but that's about it.
The cheap feel left something to be desired and better performance
could definitely be gotten with the 2010.

That's no reason to be mean. A lot of people really loved their
803As.

Old July 28th 05, 01:59 AM
David

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 00:01:09 GMT, "Jim Hackett"
wrote:

Deaf as a post? You OBVIOUSLY have a defective one. I have a 398 and a
909. While I admit they are NOT the most sensitive radios I own, they are
FAR from deaf...

The ATS-606A is a great walkaround shortwave. I take mine on morning
hikes. Picks up India just fine at 8 in the morning with just the
built-in whip. The 1 kHz fine tuning is very helpful.

Old July 28th 05, 02:49 AM

Humph....sounds like Sirius is lagging behind the internet by quite a
ways....though that won't stop them from mailing you a bill every
month.

Steve

Old July 28th 05, 03:25 AM
m II

Leonard Martin wrote:

Do yourself a favor and don't get one...unless you want to tied to an
external antenna. Mine is deaf as a post on its whip.

Weird. Both my 909 and 398 work pretty good on the whip. A long wire picks up
performance, as is to be expected. I bought these instead of the 7600 because of
the actual tuning knobs. That and the sync detect on the Sony completely failed
to impress me.

mike
Old July 28th 05, 04:00 AM

Over five years ago,I could pick up Radio One in Dublin,Ireland (and
some other radio stations over there too,one of them was Galway) and
also a taped replay of a news,weather,and sports tv station via windows
media with my webtv.They upgraded though (not webtv) and I can't pick
them up anymore with my webtv.Yep,I used to watch a taped replay every
day on my tv set of that tv station in Dublin.It was sort of like a stop
action mode,the video was.There tv news on tv over there is about the
same as it is over here,except the accent is different.
cuhulin

Want Money? Try this Out gh CB 1 March 24th 05 10:27 AM
Best place for power supply [email protected] Homebrew 8 January 20th 05 03:43 AM
Best Place to Buy a GE Super Radio III? Dan Graves Shortwave 8 May 4th 04 10:50 PM
What's Wrong With This Place? Lenny Shortwave 11 April 4th 04 10:01 AM