Old July 28th 05, 08:32 PM
David

Default What are the frequency limits for RRS? (from the original FAQ)

o What is rec.radio.shortwave for?

As stated above this group was created for USENETers to have a place
to discuss
the radio monitoring hobby. This group is not moderated, however
'serious'
arguments and any kind of flame wars are strongly discouraged. That
is not to
say that genuine disagreement and discussion of differing opinions is
not
welcome. We only ask that you keep the tone friendly, and in the
spirit of
international cooperation upon which the hobby is founded.

This group is intended to be a place where ANY radio monitoring topic
can and
should be discussed. We are happy to hear from posters who listen to
any part
of the radio or microwave spectrum, from DC to daylight. We discuss
topics of
almost any kind, ranging from (but not limited to) shortwave
broadcasting,
DXing small or distant shortwave stations, utility and teletype
monitoring,
military eavesdropping, station schedules, QSLing sw broadcasters,
spectrum
usage, equipment design and modifications, antennas, receiver reviews
and
recommendations, and many more.

Despite what the newsgroup name might imply, we definitely DO NOT
limit
discussions to shortwave only. Any radio-related topics are welcome.
People interested in scanning VHF frequencies may find that the
rec.radio.scanner newsgroup more accurately reflects their interests,
and
people interested in pirate radio may want to check the
alt.radio.pirate
newsgroup, although this group seems to be more interested in building
small
FM transmitters than in hearing distant shortwave pirates.

Old July 28th 05, 08:39 PM
John Smith

David:

Good call, ignorant control freaks which must only participate in highly
structured and/or regulated discussions are probably better off in:
rec.single-minded.people

.... perhaps ...

rec.whining.freaks

John

Old July 28th 05, 08:42 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

[...]

Once again, 'tard boy... satellite radio is not 'real radio'.

Additionally, what does the FAQ say in regards to your plethora of OT posts?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old July 28th 05, 08:42 PM
John Smith

.... well, just as long as discussions of internet radio are banned...

.... it does not have a "frequency" falling into the range of "DC to microwaves"

John

Old July 28th 05, 08:49 PM
John S.

David wrote:
[...]

Were you answering a question? Or did you become the group moderator.

Old July 28th 05, 08:51 PM
John Smith

I missed where he was attempting to become "the group moderator."

Which suggestions in his post were his? And, which were the original
suggestions?

John

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

Old July 28th 05, 11:02 PM
RHF

DaviD - What are the Frequency Limits
for 'your' "Off Topic" Post to RRS ?
Old July 28th 05, 11:21 PM
David

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:42:34 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

Additionally, what does the FAQ say in regards to your plethora of OT posts?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Covered under ...''many more.''

I don't see where calling people 'tards and asking them to keep totin'
is specifically cited either...

Old July 28th 05, 11:30 PM
David

On 28 Jul 2005 12:49:01 -0700, "John S." wrote:

Were you answering a question? Or did you become the group moderator.

A few anal-retentive types were erroneously claiming that this group
was exclusively reserved for discussions of HF, which I have known for
as long as this group's been around, to be false.

Every usenet group is supposed to have an FAQ. I quoted from the one
about rec.radio.shortwave.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/radio/monitoring/introduction/

If you have issues, I suggest you take them up with this guy:

http://www.brandi.org/logs/

Old July 28th 05, 11:32 PM
David

On 28 Jul 2005 15:02:14 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

DaviD - What are the Frequency Limits
for 'your' "Off Topic" Post to RRS ?
.
without moderation david's daily (ot) madness continues ~ RHF
. . . . .

How come you never try to bust Arab bashers or people who make fun of
the French?