Old March 13th 05, 12:55 AM
CorbinRay

Default New Tecsun PL-350 is a winner

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered a new radio on Liypn's ebay store,
the Tecsun PL-350. It looked a lot like the PL-550, which wasn't really
that good a performer, so I almost passed on it. But I did some
research and I found out that the new radio had a bunch of good
reviews, but they were all in Chinese. I used the Google translator and
I was able to find out that people really liked it. So I went ahead and
ordered one from Liypn.

I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. So much that I find that
it beats my DE1103 in nearly every category. That's quite a statement,
but the more I play with it, the more impressed I become.

you'll see more about the radio.

And for anyone wanting to buy one, the eBay item number is 5755772476.

Old March 13th 05, 01:29 AM
Michael

"CorbinRay" wrote in message
oups.com...
A couple of weeks ago, I discovered a new radio on Liypn's ebay store,
the Tecsun PL-350. It looked a lot like the PL-550, which wasn't really
that good a performer, so I almost passed on it. But I did some
research and I found out that the new radio had a bunch of good
reviews, but they were all in Chinese. I used the Google translator and
I was able to find out that people really liked it. So I went ahead and
ordered one from Liypn.

I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. So much that I find that
it beats my DE1103 in nearly every category. That's quite a statement,
but the more I play with it, the more impressed I become.

you'll see more about the radio.

And for anyone wanting to buy one, the eBay item number is 5755772476.

I have a PL-550 and I dont think that it is a bad performer. I think it is
a pretty good performer for sw. You get images here and there, but for the
most part, it is a good radio. It has many nice features and the audio
quality us outstanding for a portable. The only place that it is really
lacking is on medium wave. Other then that, I like it a lot.

How does your new PL-350 do with image rejection and on medium wave ??? Is
the audio quality as good as on the PL-550 ???

Michael

Old March 13th 05, 02:31 AM
lsmyer

From what I can tell, the PL-350 seems to do a better job on MW than the
PL-550.

The PL-550 has incredibly rich sound for a portable, and it beats the PL-350
in that category.

I really loved the sound and feel of the PL-550, but 90% of my radio
listening is MW, so I sold the PL-550 to a friend and he is very happy with
it.

And since I no longer have the PL-550, then these comparisons are subject to
how well I can remember the PL-550. That means that it's probably a better
radio than I can remember.

Either way, I think your PL-550 is a very fine radio.

Old March 13th 05, 03:50 AM
running dogg

CorbinRay wrote:

A couple of weeks ago, I discovered a new radio on Liypn's ebay store,
the Tecsun PL-350. It looked a lot like the PL-550, which wasn't really
that good a performer, so I almost passed on it. But I did some
research and I found out that the new radio had a bunch of good
reviews, but they were all in Chinese. I used the Google translator and
I was able to find out that people really liked it. So I went ahead and
ordered one from Liypn.

I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. So much that I find that
it beats my DE1103 in nearly every category. That's quite a statement,
but the more I play with it, the more impressed I become.

you'll see more about the radio.

And for anyone wanting to buy one, the eBay item number is 5755772476.

This radio is apparently NOT related to the Eton/Grundig S350, which is
the Tecsun BCL-2000.

Old March 13th 05, 04:06 AM
lsmyer

The BCL-2000 is analog and huge! The PL-350 is all digital, and it's small.

For a good size comparison, Tecsun has a picture on their home page that
shows these two along with the PL-550, PL-230, and the PL-200.
http://www.tecsun.com.cn/

Old March 13th 05, 10:45 AM
Sanjaya

"CorbinRay" wrote in message
oups.com...
A couple of weeks ago, I discovered a new radio on Liypn's ebay store,
the Tecsun PL-350. It looked a lot like the PL-550, which wasn't really
that good a performer, so I almost passed on it. But I did some
research and I found out that the new radio had a bunch of good
reviews, but they were all in Chinese. I used the Google translator and
I was able to find out that people really liked it. So I went ahead and
ordered one from Liypn.

I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. So much that I find that
it beats my DE1103 in nearly every category. That's quite a statement,
but the more I play with it, the more impressed I become.

you'll see more about the radio.

And for anyone wanting to buy one, the eBay item number is 5755772476.

Is the PL-350 labeled in Chinese or English?
Does it have SSB?

Old March 13th 05, 02:18 PM
Mike S.

In article .com,
CorbinRay wrote:
A couple of weeks ago, I discovered a new radio on Liypn's ebay store,
the Tecsun PL-350. It looked a lot like the PL-550, which wasn't really
that good a performer, so I almost passed on it. But I did some
research and I found out that the new radio had a bunch of good
reviews, but they were all in Chinese. I used the Google translator and
I was able to find out that people really liked it. So I went ahead and
ordered one from Liypn.

I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. So much that I find that
it beats my DE1103 in nearly every category. That's quite a statement,
but the more I play with it, the more impressed I become.

you'll see more about the radio.

And for anyone wanting to buy one, the eBay item number is 5755772476.

Have they figured out/bothered to how to align it properly, so that the
displayed frequency matches the received frequency?

Old March 13th 05, 03:22 PM
Conan Ford

Really.... so, does it beat the DE-1103 in image rejection? Or, are all
those stations that it is pulling in that you can't hear on the DE-1103
just images? The PL-350 is a single conversion radio, is it not? Does it
have the switchable IF's of the PL-550?

"CorbinRay" wrote in news:1110675355.339199.303940
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Old March 13th 05, 04:34 PM
lsmyer

It's labeled in Chinese. Liypn provided a manual that has a picture of the
PL-350 with English labels. Works for me.

Old March 13th 05, 04:35 PM
lsmyer

I missed the SSB question. No SSB.

Tecsun PL-230 (Grundig YB-550) Review (NEW RADIO) Judah Smith Shortwave 10 October 7th 05 02:32 PM
KA1102 vs. Sangean 606 vs. Tecsun PL230 Juan Gonzalez Shortwave 7 September 17th 04 04:18 AM
Tecsun PL-550 lsmyer Shortwave 3 July 12th 04 02:35 PM
Grundig S350 'Super Radio' Tecsun BCL-2000 [Was: Tecsun BCL-2000 Preview (Grundig S350) Gary Shortwave 1 February 16th 04 11:16 PM
TECSUN PL-230 / GRUNDIG YB-550 Anyone have one? Tell me about it. Judah Smith Shortwave 0 December 17th 03 06:14 AM