Old August 2nd 05, 01:27 AM
SeeingEyeDog

They are "good" refurbished radios for $80.
A factory new YB400/G4000 for $140 is way overpriced and
can't compare to a Sony 7600GR in the same price range.

"D. Martin" wrote in message
oups.com...
These are good radios. That's why I posted this to begin with.

Darren

Old August 2nd 05, 01:35 AM
Invader3K

I love my YB-400. It's a great portable. Really nice for outdoor use,
but also perfectly fine for indoor use (though of course not as good as
a tabletop model, but that's neither here nor there). It does have SSB,
however, you cannot select between LSB and USB. Frankly, the SSB
performance is nothing to write home about on the YB-400, but it's FM,
AM, and general shortwave reception are very good.

Old August 2nd 05, 01:41 AM

Refurbs can be a good deal.My refurbished 22 inch CRT screen Multisync
FP1350 computer monitor I bought from www.tigerdirect.com last year
works as good as new.I saved a bunch of money on it too.
cuhulin