Old August 5th 05, 01:34 AM
dxAce

Default Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka heard here at 0030 s/on in English on 15747 with opening announcements
by a woman. Not much of a signal.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old August 5th 05, 02:02 AM
Michael

"dxAce" wrote in message
Sri Lanka heard here at 0030 s/on in English on 15747 with opening
announcements
by a woman. Not much of a signal.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

00:52 Making it over here at about S-4 with the noise floor. Currently
music.
--
Respectfully,

Michael

Location: New Jersey
Primary Receiver: R-75 with full Kiwa mods
Antennas: G5RV, 200ft "Frankenstein" roof wire
Additional Radios: 7600GR,KA-1101,KA-1102
PL-550, KA-989, Info-Mate 837, GE-SR III
Westinghouse H-104 (seven tube)
Web Site: http://md_dxing.tripod.com

Old August 5th 05, 02:11 AM
dxAce

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Sri Lanka heard here at 0030 s/on in English on 15747 with opening
announcements
by a woman. Not much of a signal.

00:52 Making it over here at about S-4 with the noise floor. Currently
music.

The signal has improved since s/on. Currently about S4-5 here on the R8 with a
70' wire. They generally play some good oldies.

Old August 5th 05, 02:37 AM
Brad

"dxAce" wrote in message

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Sri Lanka heard here at 0030 s/on in English on 15747 with opening
announcements
by a woman. Not much of a signal.

00:52 Making it over here at about S-4 with the noise floor. Currently
music.

The signal has improved since s/on. Currently about S4-5 here on the R8
with a
70' wire. They generally play some good oldies.

The carrier is barely detectable here, no speech from the noise. QTH nr
Sydney.

Brad.

Old August 5th 05, 02:47 AM
Michael

"Brad" bradvk2qq AT w6ir.com wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Sri Lanka heard here at 0030 s/on in English on 15747 with opening
announcements
by a woman. Not much of a signal.

00:52 Making it over here at about S-4 with the noise floor. Currently
music.

The signal has improved since s/on. Currently about S4-5 here on the R8
with a
70' wire. They generally play some good oldies.

The carrier is barely detectable here, no speech from the noise. QTH nr
Sydney.

Brad.

1:43 UTC I'm still getting it here but it is weak. I've got my R75 in LSB
with pre-amp 2 turned on. I need to tweak the PBT and use some NR too in
order to clean it up to listen too. Currently news/information.

Old August 5th 05, 11:40 AM
dxAce

"dxAce" wrote in message

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Sri Lanka heard here at 0030 s/on in English on 15747 with opening
announcements
by a woman. Not much of a signal.

00:52 Making it over here at about S-4 with the noise floor. Currently
music.

The signal has improved since s/on. Currently about S4-5 here on the R8
with a
70' wire. They generally play some good oldies.

The carrier is barely detectable here, no speech from the noise. QTH nr
Sydney.

Brad.

1:43 UTC I'm still getting it here but it is weak. I've got my R75 in LSB
with pre-amp 2 turned on. I need to tweak the PBT and use some NR too in
order to clean it up to listen too. Currently news/information.

Isn't pre-amp 2 in the R75 for use in the 50-60 MHz range?

I generally don't run pre-amp here.

Old August 5th 05, 11:29 PM
Michael

"dxAce" wrote in message

Michael wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

Pre-amp # 2 gives amplification above that of pre-amp # 1 from the bottom of
the tuning dial all the way to the top. So, unless my R75 is a mutant, it
is not only for 50-60 MHz. Regardless, it also amplifies the noise, so I
rarely use any pre-amp unless on a weak signal. With any pre-amp on, I
usually also use some NR to chill things out a bit.

Michael