Old August 7th 05, 08:11 PM
Telamon

In article ,
"Brian Hill" wrote:

This is a great deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-CRF-320_W0QQitemZ5796212306QQcategoryZ15051QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

And it's 1000% functional so that would make it 10 times better than new!

It looks pretty and in perfect shape but what makes this radio worth
$2,250? The CRF320 supposed to be an exceptional performer?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old August 7th 05, 10:16 PM

I own a few old Philips transistor radios.My webtv set top boxes and
webtv keyboards and webtv hand held remote control units are Philips
Magnavox.I own some old Magnavox radios too.
cuhulin

Old August 7th 05, 10:21 PM

There are some items such as antique toys,the boxes they came in can be
worth more than the toys themselves.
cuhulin

Old August 7th 05, 10:52 PM
David

On 7 Aug 2005 11:14:46 -0700, "John S." wrote:

David wrote:
On 7 Aug 2005 10:57:33 -0700, "John S." wrote:

I dunno....collectors seem to have a wide range of acceptable value
vbg.
I've seen the 320 fetch 2500 + on Ebay, the Panasonic RF9000 go for
close to $4k, Sony 6800 go for $1k, and so forth. All nice radios, but
collectors will bid one out of sight if it will complete a collection
or if it comes with all important goodies like original box,
instructions, hang tags, etc.

Collecting can easily become addiction.

True, but the race to have a "complete perfect" one can get a little
out of hand....

I collect small plastic toys on my morning hike. Anything in the
gutter is fair game. Beware of boobie traps.

Old August 8th 05, 01:57 PM
D Peter Maus

John S. wrote:

Don't you think it is kind of odd that the cardboard box could be more
valuable than the item itself.

Haven't eaten at McDonalds lately, eh?
Old August 8th 05, 02:01 PM
John S.

D Peter Maus wrote:
John S. wrote:

Don't you think it is kind of odd that the cardboard box could be more
valuable than the item itself.

Haven't eaten at McDonalds lately, eh?

You aren't collecting McDonalds burger boxes are you?

Old August 8th 05, 04:55 PM

I have been subscribing to and reading Antique Trader for many,many
years.Their website is www.antiquetrader.com I once read in
Antique Trader some antique toy boxes are worth more than the toys
themselves.Think about it,most people who bought toys many years ago
didn't bother to hang on to the boxes.That means the boxes are worth a
lot of money,of course that depends on what sort of condition the boxes
are in.Whether that holds true for radio boxes or not,the article did
not say.Actually,for something to be considered a real
antique,(according to Antique Trader) the item or items,must be at least
100 years old or older.
cuhulin