Old August 9th 05, 04:33 AM

I wish it was an original Bambi film in very good to excellent
condition.Oviously the film can is old,it has that been used many,many
times before look to it and some of the paint is worn off from being
handled so many times before and there is no zip code on the label so
that dates the film and the film can to about 1966 or earlier.The label
on the film can says,This Can Contains Black And White Safety Film.One
16 mm Print of Martin Luther.2 Reels Each 2000 FT.(I just now checked
inside the film can,there are two reels of film inside of the film can)
Total Showing Time 105 Minutes.The " MARTIN LUTHER " Film.Produced by
Louis de Rochemont Associates For Lutheran Church Productions,Inc.35
West 45th St.New York,New York.IMPORTANT.1.Lutheran Church
Productions,Inc.retains copyright ownership of all material herein
including photography,sound track,and screenplay of Martin Luther; thus
ownership of this print as a result of purchase technically constitutes
ownership of a lifetime lease of the motion picture.2.This film cannot
be broadcast via television.3.This film cannot be rented.4.This film
cannot be changed in any way by deletions,except as a result of film
damage,or by the addition of new materials.5.This film cannot be used or
exported beyond the continental limits of the United States without
specific clearance from the producer.6.For cleaning and film repair
service,contact your film dealer or nearest camera shop.7.For
replacement sections write to Lutheran Church Productions or consult
your dealer.I would like to find out what the film is worth assuming it
is still in good condition.I own a couple of old portable movie
screens,I guess I could see for myself if it is still in good condition.
cuhulin

Old August 9th 05, 04:42 AM
michael_s

Thanks to those that responded with something relevant. as for the
other 10 replies... er...

I usually have trouble distinguishing co-frequency stations in the
muck, but through an AM stereo receiver, One will appear in a different
spot in the stereo image from the other, making them quite easy to
discriminate. It's really rejuventated my interest. I'll have to get
out the old dusty loop and see what happens.

David wrote:
On 8 Aug 2005 15:40:18 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

DaviD - Spoken (Wrtten) Like A True Expert ~ RHF
[ Chief Democrat Party of the USA 'misinformation' (OT) Poster ]
. . . . .

And YOU are the voice of sanity...

Old August 9th 05, 05:24 AM

American Sends Canadians An Ominous Warning. www.rense.com
Middle isle at rense.com Article links to the Calgary Sun online
newspaper.
cuhulin

Old August 9th 05, 12:41 PM
Mike S.

In article .com,
michael_s wrote:

I usually have trouble distinguishing co-frequency stations in the
muck, but through an AM stereo receiver, One will appear in a different
spot in the stereo image from the other, making them quite easy to
discriminate. It's really rejuventated my interest. I'll have to get
out the old dusty loop and see what happens.

The older Sony sets were neat because you could switch between decoding
systems ... which sometimes helped in using them as AM DX sets rather than
just stereo receivers. Problem is, as you've discovered, there is less and
less stereo broadcasting to listen to. I wonder what's happening in Japan,
where AM stereo was booming and there were multiple receivers on the
market (including super digital portables from Sony and AIWA). Those sets
are off the market and they don't seem to have replaced them.

Old August 9th 05, 01:01 PM
RHF

DaviD - See 'you' are getting better already ) ~ RHF
. . . . .

Old August 9th 05, 03:00 PM

In Japan and Hong Kong there are (I know there used to be anyway) stores
crammed full of mostly nothing but radios of different brand names and
many different sizes.Everything from cheap little radios to larger
higher priced radios.I have seen them before in the stores and the store
show windows.Every one of the stores looked like Radio City.
cuhulin

Old August 9th 05, 09:17 PM

I have never owned a stereo radio before,but this afternoon at the
Goodwill store I bought a nice Pioneer AM/FM stereo radio model number
SX-3400 with two RCA speakers for $8.00 plus Mississippi RIPP OFF sales
taxes (the radio $4.00 and $2.00 each speaker) and I bought a cardboard
box of movie projector lamp bulbs,18 small movie projector lamp bulbs
and 11 larger movie projector lamp bulbs,all for $6.00 plus Mississippi
RIPP OFF sales taxes.All of the lamp bulbs look brand new and still in
the boxes.Those kinds of lamp bulbs cost a lot of money if bought new at
a regular store.What am I going to do with all of those movie projector
lamp bulbs? I dont know,but I figure I have a lifetime supply of movie
projector lamp bulbs.The radio and speakers looks good and works
great.Not to shabby in my opinion,of the things I bought at the Goodwill
thrift store this afternoon.I like shopping at the Goodwill store six
tenths of a mile South (South is always best) of my couch. cuhulin

Old August 9th 05, 09:59 PM
danyexp

I doubt it. It's probably an old religious or school educational film. Those
types of 16mm films don't bring much on Ebay... maybe $10 or less if it even
sells. They're a dime a dozen. Most folks want popular TV shows or motion
picture films. Some of those command a fortune.

8mm and 16mm stuff don't bring much money now, but you can bet one day this
stuff will be hot and collectible. Wouldn't be surprised in 25 years (maybe
less) if a good working 16mm projector that sells for a few bucks today is
worth $1000.

"David" wrote in message

You may have something of historical importance there. Be careful
with that film.

Old August 9th 05, 10:35 PM

I know somebody here in the Jackson area I can ask and he will know how
I can find out about the film.I am very slow and lazy about getting
around to doing some things.I really dont care if I find out about the
film or not.I guess I will just add it to my other piles of junk,that's
what usually happens anyway.
cuhulin