Old August 9th 05, 12:07 PM
Andrew Oakley

Default Other DXing newsgroups? (to avoid politics/religion)

Hi, I'm a British citizen based near Cheltenham, UK. I'm trying to
find a newsgroup to discuss shortwave DXing, but this newsgroup seems
to be full of American politics. I'm not American, I don't plan on
being American, so this is just irritating noise to me, and what with
me having neither the ability nor desire to vote in the USA, I doubt
that the political posters care about me one jot. Also I don't DX
American stations, I prefer European, African or Asian stations (US
stations seem mostly religious and I'm a humanist [agnostic/atheiest
with morals] so that all goes over my head).

What other DXing newsgroups exist on Usenet? Is there one more skewed
towards European, African or Asian DXing?

(Don't get me wrong; America is a lovely place, been there on business
and holiday several times, nice people etc. I'm just not interested
and democratically unable to be involved with the politics, and have
no interest in religion).

--
Andrew Oakley andrew/atsymbol/aoakley/stop/com
Old August 9th 05, 02:11 PM
Burr

"Andrew Oakley" wrote in message

[...]

Look under newsgroup/uk/radio.

Also do a yahoo serch for SWUK

Old August 9th 05, 03:18 PM
David

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:07:32 GMT, Andrew Oakley
wrote:

[...]

If the United States goes down in flames, we're taking UKOGBNIW with
us.

Old August 9th 05, 03:42 PM
Caveat Lector

Check the Yahoo news groups
http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/dir/Hobb..._and_Ham_Radio

Many are moderated to avoid the nonsense you mentioned.

This newsgroup is unmoderated so anyone, anywhere, can post whatever they
please -- and they do.
But most are very kind and alert the reader with OT or the header sez it
all.

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old August 9th 05, 04:43 PM

www.devilfinder.com uk Shortwave Radio Stations

But why anybody in their right mind would want to listen to uk radio is
beyond me? I can't understand a word they say.Once in a while I tell
that married Irish woman (she is from Caherconlish,Ireland,he is from
Fethard,Ireland www.fethard.com) wayyyyy over yonder across the big
pond,(I have talked to her on the telephone a few times before) stab,you
have become too britinized.
cuhulin

Old August 9th 05, 05:34 PM
David

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:43:21 -0500, wrote:

www.devilfinder.com uk Shortwave Radio Stations

But why anybody in their right mind would want to listen to uk radio is
beyond me? I can't understand a word they say.Once in a while I tell
that married Irish woman (she is from Caherconlish,Ireland,he is from
Fethard,Ireland www.fethard.com) wayyyyy over yonder across the big
pond,(I have talked to her on the telephone a few times before) stab,you
have become too britinized.
cuhulin

Weren't you just looking for a Gaelic to English dictionary?

Old August 9th 05, 07:39 PM
michael_s

Hi Andrew,

There are discussion forums here that are moderated and are split into
different world regions:

http://www.dxing.info/

I hope that's of some use.

Michael

Old August 9th 05, 08:44 PM

I haven't really started looking for a Gaelic/English English/Gaelic
Dictionary yet.Next time I think about it,I will stop off at the
Waldensbooks book store at Metrocenter Mall www.metromalljackson.com
across Highway 80 from me or Northpark Mall www.visitnorthpark.com
or I will phone the Books A Million bookstore or the Barnes & Nobel
bookstore or some of the other stores around here when I get ready to in
my own sweet time.Dont get your bowels in an uproar about it.
cuhulin

Old August 9th 05, 09:09 PM
RHF

AO (UK),
Old August 9th 05, 11:07 PM
David

On 9 Aug 2005 13:09:53 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

Hmm...

I feel weird. HTML links out of Usenet back into Usenet.

Want Money? Try this Out gh CB 1 March 24th 05 10:27 AM
The FAQ (Well, Question 1, at least) Airy R.Bean Homebrew 20 February 22nd 05 07:04 PM
The FAQ (Well, Question 1, at least) Airy R.Bean General 20 February 22nd 05 07:04 PM
Introduction to "AM" Medium Wave DXing - by the Ontario DX Association (ODXC) RHF Shortwave 3 January 11th 05 03:14 PM