Old August 13th 05, 11:21 AM
SeeingEyeDog

"FDR" wrote

Once we invade somewhere, we tend to stay. 60 years later
and we are still in Germany and Japan.

How so? Please explain to all of us how the U.S. is "occupying" two
democratic nations.
Please be specific and quote legitimate sources. I have plenty of time.

Old August 13th 05, 02:24 PM
David

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 04:34:07 -0500, "SeeingEyeDog"
wrote:

"David" wrote
They went to war to stop Saddam from selling the oil.

and to stop the U.N. Oil-for-Fraud program.

That program was ending. Saddam was going to open the gates.

BTW: The USA's hands are very dirty in your aforementioned program.

Old August 13th 05, 02:26 PM
David

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 05:07:04 -0500, "SeeingEyeDog"
wrote:
You're weird.

Bush stole both elections.

If this ain't fascism, I'm a monkey's uncle.

Old August 13th 05, 02:30 PM
dxAce

wrote:
You're weird.

Bush stole both elections.

If this ain't fascism, I'm a monkey's uncle.

Yeah, you're a monkeys uncle allright and a 'tard boy as well!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 13th 05, 03:10 PM

Chromium,Chrome.Africa and Russia.Vital? You bet your boots it
is,Chromium,Chrome is vital to America and if things lead to War so
America can continue to have Chromium,Chrome,So Be It!
cuhulin

Old August 13th 05, 03:11 PM
SeeingEyeDog

wrote:

"David" wrote
They went to war to stop Saddam from selling the oil.

and to stop the U.N. Oil-for-Fraud program.

That program was ending. Saddam was going to open the gates.

LOL - your not weird, your delusional

BTW: The USA's hands are very dirty in your aforementioned program.

And is the only nation to have begun prosecution procedures against those
involved U.S. individuals.
You even decided to omit the fact, like usual, that the most blatant
violations occurred under Impeached "c"lintoon's watch.
Of course your propaganda bureau chief wouldn't allow you to mention that
nicely concealed fact now would they?

Weird, indeed.

Old August 13th 05, 03:36 PM
David

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:11:16 -0500, "SeeingEyeDog"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"David" wrote
They went to war to stop Saddam from selling the oil.

and to stop the U.N. Oil-for-Fraud program.

That program was ending. Saddam was going to open the gates.

LOL - your not weird, your delusional

BTW: The USA's hands are very dirty in your aforementioned program.

And is the only nation to have begun prosecution procedures against those
involved U.S. individuals.
You even decided to omit the fact, like usual, that the most blatant
violations occurred under Impeached "c"lintoon's watch.
Of course your propaganda bureau chief wouldn't allow you to mention that
nicely concealed fact now would they?

Weird, indeed.

I'm no fan of Clinton. But he was a lot less dangerous than the
current bunch of lunatics.

Old August 13th 05, 09:49 PM
running dogg

SeeingEyeDog wrote:

I hope that just once naive Americans would have a taste of what it would be
like if our enemies had control of a vital strategic U.S. resource. Sorry
but the 70's oil embargo was just not severe enough. Besides, it was such a
long time ago that the current crop of college boys haven't a clue.

I am fed up with your Great Game bull****. You see everything as a Big
Contest between America and China. Us good, them bad. Everything and
everybody can be sacrificed so that Us can win. Uzbekistan? Iraq? Who
cares? As long as we control the resources those countries contain and
not China, the people who actually LIVE there can go to hell, for they
are expendable pawns in the Game. A nuke in New York? So what, as long
as we invade Iran because of it, and grab their oil so that China can't.
New Yorkers and Iranians are pawns in the Game too, and they might as
well be cardboard cutouts, because infinite numbers of them can be
burned in the furnace of imperial ambition. You are not only psychotic,
you are EVIL. You have implied that regime change in China is worth any
price, even a nuclear war, even as you savage CCP nomenklatura for
saying the same thing about America. This sort of thing led to the ruin
of many countries during the Cold War, and almost led to a nuclear
holocaust. All in the name of the Game, all so that one side could stand
on the rubble of the world and say that they won. I don't want that to
happen again.

"Carter-K8VT" wrote in message
yachtboy! wrote:

why are we in Iraq?

Good question...and Brad gave a good answer:

You are in Iraq because the American Military had lost Osama and Bush

had to
divert the attention and anger of the American people and make it look

like
he was doing something about it.

You are in Iraq because War is good for business.

You are in Iraq because there was a recession in America.

You are in Iraq because two days after Bush sent in the troops he

announced
a $3.6 trillion dollar rescue package for the American economy.

You are in Iraq so that American businesses can rebuild the country and
spend some of that $3.6 trillion and pay it to American workers and
shareholders.

You are in Iraq so that American businesses can supply guns, tanks,

hummers,
radios, uniforms, aircraft, buildings, food, helmets and 6ft wooden

boxes
and restock using some of that $3.6 trillion.

You are in Iraq because War is good for business.

Well stated, Brad!

Read General Smedley Butler's book (circa 1940) and you will see just
how right that last statement of yours really is...

Also, if you read "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins
(recently on the Best Seller lists for months), his answer to yachtboy's
question about "Why Iraq" is:

1) A great strategic location in the Middle East; easy access to the
Arabian Sea and many Middle Eastern countries of interest. (No doubt
why we are building 3 or 4 permanent bases there).

2) Oil reserves some say are as great as those in Saudi Arabia.

3) Between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, the largest amount of fresh
water in the Middle East.

Many have asked why we have no exit policy for Iraq. Uh, with all the
economic and geopolitical reasons given above, I don't think our gummint
wants to exit.

I guess "we the people" had a chance to decide if the above strategy was
worth the maiming and death of our youth and countless innocent
civilians. Looks like 51% went along with the plan...

P.S. As Perkins points out in "Confessions", maybe, just maybe, the
Islamist world isn't mad at us because of our "life style", but rather
that they are tired of us jerking them around, our tinkering in their
politics and having to dance to our tune. (Again, before you turn your
flame throwers on, give "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" a quick
read). Or better yet, have W loan you his Bible and read about "walking
a mile in the other man's shoes". Imagine yourself for a moment as the
citizen of another country. For decades the CIA has been tinkering with
your politics, bribing officials, arranging assassinations and fixing
elections. After *decades* of this, mightn't *you* finally get a little
****ed off?

Old August 13th 05, 10:19 PM
running dogg

-=jd=- wrote:

On Fri 12 Aug 2005 04:49:04p, yachtboy! wrote in
message :

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 20:15:25 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

On Fri 12 Aug 2005 03:07:25p, yachtboy! wrote in
message :

If there weren't any wmd in Iraq, and it was ossama who masterminded
9/11, why are we in Iraq?
I would be interested in details, not RNC talking points.

Think about it... Let's start at a high level and see if you can reason
it to a logical, strategic conclusion.

You want to combat and curtail radical islamic terrorism (at least) to a
tolerable level. How are you going to accomplish that?

Let's see if you can come up with anything other than DNC talking
points... That means you will likely have to use a bit of common sense
and substantive logic, rather than emotional, symbolic, vitriolic
rhetoric.

-=jd=-

So the leader of our country lies to the people to get them involved
in a war that is an extreme case of "the end justifies the means"?

So you are choosing to stick to the DNC talking points then? I should have
expected as much...

Ok, now let's answer the question. We need to fight them on their own
turf. You can't fight them militarily and win, as Iraq has proved. You
can't go around invading countries, cause either they move next door (as
in Afghanistan, they moved to Pakistan) or they run circles around our
bureaucratic military (Iraq). We need better propaganda. We need to fire
Pattiz and return the VOA to its Cold War self, except in Arabic and
Middle Eastern languages instead of Russian. We need a Radio Free Islam.
We need an effective satellite news service, not Al Houri (very lame and
obvious) but something that looks and sounds reasonable to the average
Arab, sort of a black clandestine Al Jazeera. We need to convince the
average Saudi that American democracy is better than Arab
totalitarianism. If we lose the House of Saud or Hosni Mubarak in the
process, so what, we just ally ourselves with the new leaders. We need
Radio Free Islam to broadcast sermons by liberal imams that use the
Quran to say that suicide bombing is wrong and that liberal democracy
and freedom for both men and women is right. We need RFI to broadcast
prayers for peace and freedom, to compete with the Saudi shortwave
service. If I can figure this out, why can't Bush? Bush seems to be
snakebit in everything he does-it's either ineffective or backfires.
He's so cocooned in his hermetically sealed world of privilege and
power, and the CIA is so entrenched in bureaucracy, that they can't
concieve of how to really win this war except to turn America into a New
Rome that will crush everybody, domestic and foreign, who opposes them.
That simply won't work. Rome eventually was overrun by barbarians, and
the New Rome doesn't have much of a chance to get off the ground.

Old August 13th 05, 10:30 PM

We are paying for every drop of oil that comes from other Countries and
we are paying (from directly out of our pockets or credit cards/debit
cards and taxes) for that oil and every drop of oil that comes from
within U.S.A.and offshore.How much is the price of regular gasoline per
gallon where you live.If you you want to check the price of gasoline
where I live, www.jacksongasprices.com
cuhulin