Old August 26th 05, 11:36 PM

Every old cheap pieces of junk Shortwave radios I own pick up lots of
Shortwave radio stations.
cuhulin

Old August 26th 05, 11:48 PM
asdf

i barely have a clue. Hope to learn quickly though.

"dxAce" wrote in message

Beerbarrel wrote:

How many people frequent this group actually don't have a radio? We
all know Honkus does not have a radio but who else does not and what
are they going to get if they get one?

Another question one might ask is 'who has a radio and hasn't a clue as to

how
to operate it'.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 26th 05, 11:58 PM
Jim Hackett

In excess of 130 various h.f.radios.
Favorites: VR-5000, R-75, SAT-800
Most used: 7600GR/AN-LP1
Coolest: Zenith floor model (Black Dial)
Heaviest: Hammarlund HQ-170
Driftiest: S-350
Biggest P.O.S.: Bell and Howell

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
nk.net...

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

It would be difficult indeed to find a household that didn't have at
least one radio. If you are talking about shortwave radios a question
with potentially more interesting answers might be: How many shortwave
radios do you own and which ones do you use most frequently.

10 portables, 1 ICOM R75.
I use the R75 most, and the portable I use most is a DE1103

Old August 27th 05, 12:29 AM

Best kind is the old kind of Shortwave radios and hook up about 19
inches of wire to the radio's antenna.Stay away from everything ccrane
and tiny tenna sells.Their crap does not work.
Stay away fom Art Bell and George Noory too,,,,they are nothing but full
blown KOOKS!
cuhulin

Old August 27th 05, 12:34 AM

I one one of them little cheap Bell & Howell and little cheap Signal
Hill am/fm/shortwave shirt pocket "radios".(they are made by the same
shi..y ass no da.n good ass company) Your best bet is to leave them
alone! They are nothing but worthless JUNK!
cuhulin

Old August 27th 05, 12:36 AM

P.O.S. Bell & Howell and Signal Hill P.O.S. is RIGHT!
cuhulin

Old August 27th 05, 01:02 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Brian Hill wrote:

"David" wrote in message

I am a qualified tech. I just do not have an SOP to go by.

Should be easy to find?

B.H.

SOP? WTF does "Standard Operating Procedures" or "Standard Operating
Practices" have to do with troubleshooting, repairing or aligning a
receiver if you are not working under ISO-9000 type facilities?

A real tech would want a service manual with complete alignment
instructions, or at the very least a block diagram showing the
frequencies at each stage and schematic to create an effective alignment
procedure that allows you to quickly and accurately align a reviver. I
should know, I have written enough of them for production line techs.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old August 27th 05, 01:10 AM

It means the same as T.P.32,Official Use Only.It doesn't mean a d..n
thing.What I need me,,, what I need me,is an inside link on when the
U.S.Military Draft is coming back.I am too old,although I did Join the
U.S.Army for three years on October 28,1962.But,I want to throw whenever
the U.S.Military Draft is coming back into the eyes of them Yellow Belly
democrap Cowards faces across the road from me BIG TIME! I have to watch
A View to a Kill movie on tv now.
cuhulin

Old August 27th 05, 01:11 AM
Michael A. Terrell

William Mutch wrote:

In article .com,
says...

Beerbarrel wrote:
How many people frequent this group actually don't have a radio? We
all know Honkus does not have a radio but who else does not and what
are they going to get if they get one?

It would be difficult indeed to find a household that didn't have at
least one radio. If you are talking about shortwave radios a question
with potentially more interesting answers might be: How many shortwave
radios do you own and which ones do you use most frequently.

Sat800 on 90meter off center feed antenna. Used almost daily.

National NC-125 recently retubed, recapped and realined. shares
90 meter antenna. Used a couple of times a week. A friend of 30 years
standing.

YB400PE on 80 meter dipole Used a couple of times a week. Just
got it two weeks ago.

Wells-Gardiner BC-348Q recently retubed and tweeked, was on the
80 meter dipole, now waiting for a G5RV to be raised after the leaves
fall. Used almost daily until I got the YB400PE.

National NC-183. Shelf queen, I've got the the audio section
recapped and working well, but have still un-diagnosed problems in the
AVC section.

I have a NC-183R rack mount version that needs a complete restoration
after someone did a nasty re-cap job with bundles of caps taped together
and hanging off the chassis with wads of wire. I am waiting till I get
a better digital camera to take lots of closeup photos so that anyone
who wants to restore one can have a complete set of photos to follow.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/Projects.html has some of my
restoration projects listed. As they begin to show signs of progress
they will each have a page of photos to show the before and after, and
some will have the test results ahter a full alignment.

Viking Ranger. Shelf queen. Worked last time I fired it up...15
years ago. Will bring it up slow on a variac after the G5RV is up.

KWM-2 Shelf queen. Needs serious diagnostics; will have to wait
until after I retire.

Old August 27th 05, 01:13 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Beerbarrel wrote:

I like the old stuff

r-390
r-392
sx-28

plus others

Yaesu 757gxll when I talk. I still like that 390/390a line of collins
designed stuff. I has a Sony CRF-V21. I did not really care for it.
I'm sure I will add others. I'm thinking a sp-600 next.

I've been tempted to buy a beat up R-390 for a restoration project.