Old August 30th 05, 12:11 AM
Mark Zenier

In article .com,
wrote:
By the way, I see that New Orleans has radio stations with callsigns
that begin with both K and W. This is true of both Pittsburgh and
Philadelphia as well. How many other places?

Well, isn't the dividing line the Mississippi River?

Mark Zenier

Old September 1st 05, 05:45 PM
Caveat Lector

wrote in message
oups.com...
By the way, I see that New Orleans has radio stations with callsigns
that begin with both K and W. This is true of both Pittsburgh and
Philadelphia as well. How many other places?

Lots of them and the reasons why at URL:
http://earlyradiohistory.us/kwtrivia.htm

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old September 1st 05, 06:31 PM

There are some radio stations that the Mississippi River isn't the
"divideing line" for.I have known that since back in the 1940's when I
was a little boy (I am a big boy now gals) and I started tuneing around
on our big old home radio in Carthage,Mississippi.I was listening to our
radio before I was even born.I will ride them Radio Waves to Radio
Heaven when I croak.
cuhulin

Old September 6th 05, 10:02 PM

Clicking on it now. Thanks.