Old August 30th 05, 04:33 PM
John S.

Default New Orleans under MARSHALL LAW (no joke)

Richard M wrote:
Jefferson Parish under Martial Law.

No one being allowed into New Orleans.

Levee breaches are causing rising water in New Orleans.
WWL-TV studios are being evacuated due to rising
water in the French Quarter. WWL will begin
broadcasting from LSU as soon as possible
and we will be attempting to stream on the web.

Mayor Ray Nagin reports the Twin Span Bridge
is "totally destroyed" and that 80% of the city
is underwater.

Click for streaming video. - http://www.wwltv.com/

Makes sense to me.

Old August 30th 05, 10:00 PM
Darkwing \(Double Secret Disinformation Agent\)

"FDR" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

- Some good news

"
11:21 A.M. (AP) - The White House says President Bush is cutting short
his vacation to return to Washington to monitor the hurricane recovery
efforts."

- Wait a sec.. Maybe he should just stay in Crawford & keep out of the
way

He's only leaving so he can get away from Sheehan.

Wouldn't you?

--------------------------------------
DW

Old August 31st 05, 12:11 AM
junkrs

wrote in message
oups.com...

- Some good news

"
11:21 A.M. (AP) - The White House says President Bush is cutting short
his vacation to return to Washington to monitor the hurricane recovery
efforts."

- Wait a sec.. Maybe he should just stay in Crawford & keep out of the
way

If I here one more of those FEMA suits work "President Bush" into every
other line in their prepared texts, I'm gonna puke. What a bunch of
assholes.

Old August 31st 05, 12:14 AM
junkrs

"FDR" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

- Some good news

"
11:21 A.M. (AP) - The White House says President Bush is cutting short
his vacation to return to Washington to monitor the hurricane recovery
efforts."

- Wait a sec.. Maybe he should just stay in Crawford & keep out of the
way

He's only leaving so he can get away from Sheehan.

Well, somebody has to be back in Washington to award Halliburton the no bid
cleanup/rebuild contracts.

Old August 31st 05, 01:22 AM

Those looters in New Orleans and on the Gulf Coast.Yeah,they need
Martial Law to get after those scoundrels.Looters should be locked up
for the rest of their lives,they deserve NO mercy!
cuhulin

Old August 31st 05, 01:27 AM

Looters should be SHOT on sight! I am not joking either.I have always
believed in VIGILANTE LAW.
cuhulin

Old August 31st 05, 02:35 AM

When I was a little boy (I am a big boy now) back in the 1940's and part
of the 1950's,one of the many Western comic books I used to read was (I
am not certain of the exact title of the comic book now) The
Vigilantes.I have always believed in the old style of American Western
Vigilante Law since way back then.It is the only law that really
works.But,that is my opinion.
cuhulin

Old August 31st 05, 03:13 AM
StatHaldol

(From the Times Picayune in New Orleans)....
Law enforcement efforts to contain the emergency left by Katrina
slipped into chaos in parts of New Orleans Tuesday with some police
officers and firefighters joining looters in picking stores clean.

At the Wal-Mart on Tchoupitoulas Street, an initial effort to hand out
provisions to stranded citizens quickly disintegrated into mass
looting. Authorities at the scene said bedlam erupted after the
giveaway was announced over the radio.

While many people carried out food and essential supplies, others
cleared out jewelry racks and carted out computers, TVs and appliances
on handtrucks.

Some officers joined in taking whatever they could, including one New
Orleans cop who loaded a shopping cart with a compact computer and a
27-inch flat screen television.

Officers claimed there was nothing they could do to contain the
anarchy, saying their radio communications have broken down and they
had no direction from commanders.

"We don't have enough cops to stop it," an officer said. "A
mass riot would break out if you tried."

Inside the store, the scene alternated between celebration and
frightening bedlam. A shirtless man straddled a broken jewelry case,
yelling, "Free samples, free samples over here."

Another man rolled a mechanized pallet, stacked six feet high with
cases of vodka and whiskey. Perched atop the stack was a bewildered
toddler.

Throughout the store and parking lot, looters pushed carts and loaded
trucks and vans alongside officers. One man said police directed him to
Wal-Mart from Robert's Grocery, where a similar scene was taking
place. A crowd in the electronics section said one officer broke the
glass DVD case so people wouldn't cut themselves.

"The police got all the best stuff. They're crookeder than us,"
one man said.

Most officers, though, simply stood by powerless against the tide of
law breakers.

One veteran officer said, "It's like this everywhere in the city.
This tiny number of cops can't do anything about this. It's wide
open."

At least one officer tried futilely to control a looter through shame.

"When they say take what you need, that doesn't mean an f-ing
TV," the officer shouted to a looter. "This is a hurricane, not a
free-for-all."

Sandra Smith of Baton Rouge walked through the parking lot with a
12-pack of Bud Light under each arm. "I came down here to get my
daughters," she said, "but I can't find them."

The scene turned so chaotic at times that entrances were blocked by the
press of people and shopping carts and traffic jams sprouted on
surrounding streets.

Some groups organized themselves into assembly lines to more
efficiently cart off goods.

Toni Williams, 25, packed her trunk with essential supplies, such as
food and water, but said mass looting disgusted and frightened her.

"I didn't feel safe. Some people are going overboard," she said.

Inside the store, one woman was stocking up on make-up. She said she
took comfort in watching police load up their own carts.

"It must be legal," she said. "The police are here taking stuff,
too."

(Staff writers Doug MacCash and Keith Spera assisted in this story.)

New Orleans under MARSHALL LAW (no joke) David Shortwave 45 September 5th 05 12:13 AM
ILG Database, what a joke! Jim Hackett Shortwave 8 August 11th 05 10:49 PM
FS: Marshall MXL2001 microphone NA1A Swap 0 February 12th 04 03:17 AM
Marshall Dillon..... Twistedhed CB 0 January 5th 04 08:33 PM
The April Fools Joke that came true? Dee D. Flint Policy 1 September 27th 03 01:52 AM