Old August 30th 05, 04:17 PM
David

Default New Orleans under MARSHALL LAW (no joke)

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:14:39 -0400, "Richard M"
wrote:

Jefferson Parish under Martial Law.

No one being allowed into New Orleans.

Levee breaches are causing rising water in New Orleans.
WWL-TV studios are being evacuated due to rising
water in the French Quarter. WWL will begin
broadcasting from LSU as soon as possible
and we will be attempting to stream on the web.

Mayor Ray Nagin reports the Twin Span Bridge
is "totally destroyed" and that 80% of the city
is underwater.

Click for streaming video. - http://www.wwltv.com/

Here's running account:

http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/WWLBLOG.ac3fcea.html

Old August 30th 05, 10:00 PM
Darkwing \(Double Secret Disinformation Agent\)

"Richard M" wrote in message
roups.com...
Jefferson Parish under Martial Law.

No one being allowed into New Orleans.

Levee breaches are causing rising water in New Orleans.
WWL-TV studios are being evacuated due to rising
water in the French Quarter. WWL will begin
broadcasting from LSU as soon as possible
and we will be attempting to stream on the web.

Mayor Ray Nagin reports the Twin Span Bridge
is "totally destroyed" and that 80% of the city
is underwater.

Click for streaming video. - http://www.wwltv.com/

The End is Nigh!

DW

Old August 30th 05, 11:09 PM
mongo

-=jd=- wrote:
On Tue 30 Aug 2005 01:35:40p, "MnMikew" wrote in message
:

"Richard M" wrote in message
sgroups.com...

Jefferson Parish under Martial Law.

No one being allowed into New Orleans.

DEATH TO LOOTERS ! !!!

It would be one thing if they were looting food, water or medicine. But I've
heard reports that they are looting jewelry and electronics!

-=jd=-

the cops are joining in
http://www.nola.com/newslogs/breakin...08.html#075195
Old August 30th 05, 11:38 PM
David

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 21:47:59 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

It would be one thing if they were looting food, water or medicine. But I've
heard reports that they are looting jewelry and electronics!

-=jd=-

That's why they call it ''loot''.

Old August 31st 05, 12:15 AM
junkrs

"Darkwing (Double Secret Disinformation Agent)" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com
wrote in message ...

"Richard M" wrote in message
roups.com...
Jefferson Parish under Martial Law.

No one being allowed into New Orleans.

Levee breaches are causing rising water in New Orleans.
WWL-TV studios are being evacuated due to rising
water in the French Quarter. WWL will begin
broadcasting from LSU as soon as possible
and we will be attempting to stream on the web.

Mayor Ray Nagin reports the Twin Span Bridge
is "totally destroyed" and that 80% of the city
is underwater.

Click for streaming video. - http://www.wwltv.com/

The End is Nigh!

DW

Why don't we send in more National Guard? Oh, yeah, I forgot. Bushtard
sent them off to fulfill his political agenda.

Old August 31st 05, 01:18 AM

My electric power came back on at 4:22 PM this afternoon,it had been off
since yesterday morning at 11:42 AM.Hurricane Katrina picked up her
bones and sure did rattle them too.The saddest thing is,some people lost
their lives.
cuhulin

Old August 31st 05, 01:35 AM

Cuhgu
Good to hear your OK..

What happened in your neck of the woods ??

Old August 31st 05, 01:55 AM

Hurricane Katrina blew down a lot of trees onto a lot of electric power
lines in the Jackson area.Some houses suffered mostly minor damage from
the wind.Some trees got blown down onto some houses.I went over to my
sister and brother in law's home this morning,a distance of about five
miles from my house.I think I counted at least sixteen trees that had
gotten blown down,but there are many,many more trees all over the
Jackson metro area that got blown down.Some cities and towns in South
Mississippi and Louisiana suffered the worst damage.It will be years and
years before things get back to normal.There are a lot of refugees in
Jackson and other cities and states who dont have a home to go back to.
www.clarionledger.com www.wlbt.com www.wjtv.com www.wapt.com
cuhulin

Old August 31st 05, 09:11 AM
Drifter

My electric power came back on at 4:22 PM this afternoon,it had been off
since yesterday morning at 11:42 AM.Hurricane Katrina picked up her
bones and sure did rattle them too.The saddest thing is,some people lost
their lives.
cuhulin

Hay man- glade your OK down there...

Drifter...

*on the fringe of Pittsburgh*
Old August 31st 05, 04:24 PM
FDR

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:00:21 -0400, "Michael Lawson"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

It would be one thing if they were looting food, water or

medicine.
But I've
heard reports that they are looting jewelry and electronics!

-=jd=-

That's why they call it ''loot''.

Yeah, but something tells me that the jewelry or a PSP
will not come in so handy when they need food. That
sort of loot becomes an albatross when you need to
escape, and kicking everyone out of NO means that
they won't be able to hang onto their ill gotten wealth.

--Mike L.

They have been abandoned. They are scared and irrational.

Perfectly
human response for those who have no hope.

They have not been abandoned. A significant portion of
them chose to stay for whatever reason, and given the
lack of power and other items in NO, they are probably
not aware of how bad things are beyond the next day
or two.

Those who simply could not get out tried to go to safe
locations as best they could, and are making do as best
they can.

It also would not surprise me in the least that a portion of
the people who stayed decided to stay to see if they
could loot.

--Mike L.

I kind of feel sorry for those looters because they will probably die
because of lack of food. But it's their bad choice.

ILG Database, what a joke! Jim Hackett Shortwave 8 August 11th 05 10:49 PM
what a joke Albert & Btittany Spear Boatanchors 3 May 7th 05 07:48 AM
FS: Marshall MXL2001 microphone NA1A Swap 0 February 12th 04 03:17 AM
Marshall Dillon..... Twistedhed CB 0 January 5th 04 08:33 PM
The April Fools Joke that came true? Dee D. Flint Policy 1 September 27th 03 01:52 AM