Old September 6th 05, 05:02 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 01:52:30 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

I see you are at a los for a substantive reply. If the office of the
President travels with the man, SO WHAT? In any event, wasn't that the day
*before* Gov Blanco *finally* authorized the federalization? But again, SO
WHAT? The NOPD thinks it's perfectly acceptable to abandon their posts in
the middle of a disaster to go spend 5 days in Vegas, apparently on the
city's nickle!! I wonder what all those cops in Florida think about that!
It was duly noted that you failed to express any outrage over that. It
reveals you for what you truly are. Man, I have you pegged yet again! I'm
losing count, what is it up to?

-=jd=-

You are one deluded puppydog.

Gov. Blanco has nothing to do with George Bush mugging for the
cameras while 2 states are in tatters.

It shows a profound disconnect and extreme insensitivity. One wonders
what planet he's on.

He's not on your 'tard boy planet, that's for sure.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 6th 05, 11:08 PM
David

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:53:44 GMT, "-=jd=-"
wrote:

Nor would she mobilize and deploy them. GOV BLANCO controls HER state's
Nat.Guard. They were already *IN* the very state that was affected. If she
wasn't going to use them, then why not allow them to be federalized? They
didn't even want to call for a mandatory evac of N.O. until the White House
pressured them. Then, after complaining all week about the federal
response, Bush gives her two options for help (on Friday?), and she asks
for an additional 24 hours to consider it. LOL! You don't have a leg to
stand on rickets. Complain all you want, but Bush has done more than his
share in this disaster - he's even had to urge the Mayor and Gov to do
*THEIR* jobs...

-=jd=-

You are misinformed. This was sent on 26 August (Friday):

''Dear Mr. President:

Under the provisions of Section 501 (a) of the Robert T. Stafford
Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. §§ 5121-5206
(Stafford Act), and implemented by 44 CFR § 206.35, I request that you
declare an emergency for the State of Louisiana due to Hurricane
Katrina for the time period beginning August 26, 2005, and continuing.
The affected areas are all the southeastern parishes including the New
Orleans Metropolitan area and the mid state Interstate I-49 corridor
and northern parishes along the I-20 corridor that are accepting the
thousands of citizens evacuating from the areas expecting to be
flooded as a result of Hurricane Katrina.

State law and directed the execution of the State Emergency Plan on
August 26, 2005 in accordance with Section 501 (a) of the Stafford
Act. A State of Emergency has been issued for the State in order to
support the evacuations of the coastal areas in accordance with our
State Evacuation Plan and the remainder of the state to support the
State Special Needs and Sheltering Plan.

Pursuant to 44 CFR § 206.35, I have determined that this incident is
of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the
capabilities of the State and affected local governments, and that
supplementary Federal assistance is necessary to save lives, protect
property, public health, and safety, or to lessen or avert the threat
of a disaster. I am specifically requesting emergency protective
measures, direct Federal Assistance, Individual and Household Program
(IHP) assistance, Special Needs Program assistance, and debris
removal.

Preliminary estimates of the types and amount of emergency assistance
needed under the Stafford Act, and emergency assistance from certain
Federal agencies under other statutory authorities are tabulated in
Enclosure A.

The following information is furnished on the nature and amount of
State and local resources that have been or will be used to alleviate
the conditions of this emergency:
.. Department of Social Services (DSS): Opening (3) Special Need
Shelters (SNS) and establishing (3) on Standby.
.. Department of Health and Hospitals (DHH): Opening (3) Shelters and
establishing (3) on Standby.
.. Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (OHSEP):
Providing generators and support staff for SNS and Public Shelters.
.. Louisiana State Police (LSP): Providing support for the phased
evacuation of the coastal areas.
.. Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (WLF): Supporting the
evacuation of the affected population and preparing for Search and
Rescue Missions.

Mr. President
Page Two
August 27, 2005

.. Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD):
Coordinating traffic flow and management of the evacuations routes
with local officials and the State of Mississippi.

The following information is furnished on efforts and resources of
other Federal agencies, which have been or will be used in responding
to this incident:
.. FEMA ERT-A Team en-route.

I certify that for this emergency, the State and local governments
will assume all applicable non-Federal share of costs required by the
Stafford Act.

I request Direct Federal assistance for work and services to save
lives and protect property.

(a) List any reasons State and local government cannot perform or
contract for performance, (if applicable).

(b) Specify the type of assistance requested.

In accordance with 44 CFR § 206.208, the State of Louisiana agrees
that it will, with respect to Direct Federal assistance:

1. Provide without cost to the United States all lands, easement, and
rights-of-ways necessary to accomplish the approved work.

2. Hold and save the United States free from damages due to the
requested work, and shall indemnify the Federal Government against any
claims arising from such work;

3. Provide reimbursement to FEMA for the non-Federal share of the cost
of such work in accordance with the provisions of the FEMA-State
Agreement; and

4. Assist the performing Federal agency in all support and local
jurisdictional matters.

In addition, I anticipate the need for debris removal, which poses an
immediate threat to lives, public health, and safety.

Pursuant to Sections 502 and 407 of the Stafford Act, 42 U.S.C. §§
5192 & 5173, the State agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the
United States of America for any claims arising from the removal of
debris or wreckage for this disaster. The State agrees that debris
removal from public and private property will not occur until the
landowner signs an unconditional authorization for the removal of
debris.

I have designated Mr. Art Jones as the State Coordinating Officer for
this request. He will work with the Federal Emergency Management
Agency in damage assessments and may provide further information or
justification on my behalf.

Sincerely,

Kathleen Babineaux Blanco
Governor
Enclosure''

Old September 11th 05, 12:30 AM
Greg

From: "RHF"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 5 Sep 2005 17:25:04 -0700
Subject: (OT) : Greg Says - " Koppel bitch-slapped Michael Brown on National
TV. "

Greg Says - " Koppel bitch-slapped Michael Brown on National TV. "
.
Greg - Now is that a nice way to talk ?
.
Greg - Please re-read JD's excellent post an try to understand
the real facts as they happen.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...8042ab9f3dd9f6

.
when all is said and done - you are your own undoing
- bye bye ~ RHF
. . . . .

Funny, I don't feel undone. Are you still going on about Mike brown?

Greg