Old September 13th 05, 04:39 PM

I don't ever want to give up my tv.I don't watch junk on my tv.I like
the old,old movies and history and science and discovery and travel
channels.
cuhulin

Old September 14th 05, 12:50 AM
RadioGuy

John S. wrote in message
oups.com...

The receiver has been re-assembled and everything is working properly;
tuning is as it should be. It will be interesting to see how long the
repaired encoder lasts. I had the encoder replaced under warranty

repair by
Drake twice before.

So this is the third repair of the same component on a radio that costs
over $1,000?? Wow - not exactly confidence inspiring.

Yes... Well... The topic (R8B) resulted in hundreds of posts... In my
opinion, the receiver was never developed to its full potential. I've had
mine since January, 1998 and I use it daily---it's on for 10 hours or more.
It needs to be re-aligned; it no longer zero beats WWV dead on like it did
new, the passband offset is centered at 1:00 O'Clock and the notch drifts.
The receiver was never worth what Drake was asking. I think a proper
purchase price would have been around $600 new.

RG

Old September 14th 05, 03:56 AM

Thanks for all the nice replys to my post.

I am going to send it back to Drake and not whine about the price they
charge me. I realize all of the costs involved to repair sophisticated
gear. My comment about wishing I could make 100 bucks an hour in my
basement was just that. I wish I could make 100 bucks an hour in my
basement fixing radios. I would gladly leave the 9-5 behind me if I
could work on this type of gear all day out of my house.

73
Bob
N9NEO

Old September 15th 05, 08:50 AM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:29:24 GMT, David wrote:

On 11 Sep 2005 22:44:47 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

For One and All,
.
First most people today are paying $30-$50 or more a month for
Cable TV with an Annual Cost of $360 to $600 or more a year.
.
So they do not think anything of spending that same amount
$360-$600 for a TV that will last 3, 5 or 7 Years.
.
At and average of 3-5 Hours Daily per Year that is 1100 to
1800 Hours of TV Viewing per Year :

You didn't factor in the billions of dollars of damage done to society
by Zombies who watch 5 hours of TV a day.

It can happen with radio, too. As an example, I cite dxAce.

Old September 17th 05, 04:30 PM
RHF

DaviD,