Old September 15th 05, 04:38 AM
Bugeyed

Default Act Electronics experience

I just received a part (speaker) for my YB 400 from Act Electronics.
This is the repair location listed on Etons site. After some initial
issues the part arrived fine. I am posting to make people aware of the
policies of this shop. Stamped on the receipt was the following;
"ALL PARTS AND ACCESSORIES SALES FINAL NO RETURN OR EXCHANGES"
As well as;
"All orders cancelled by customer are subject to a 50% charge of the
total amaount"
I waited 2 weeks for my order before I called them & was told that I
must be confused & ordered from someone else! The man that I had
ordered from said that I was undecided & didn't order anything. When I
mentioned that he had taken my CC number & address & quoted some of his
comments, he foung the order. He said that it would be mailed the next
day. That was Wednesday the 7th., my card was charged as soon as I hung
up, the package was mailed on the 12th.
Needless to say, I am reluctant to order from them again. Anyone know
an alternative?

Old September 15th 05, 05:11 AM

I don't know of an alternative,but after reading what you said,I will
never do business with Act Electronics.
cuhulin

Old September 15th 05, 10:22 AM
Brenda Ann

"Bugeyed" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Unfortunately, for N. America, there IS no alternative. That's how they get
away with charging what they do and being as snotty as they are. And they
seem to be the only ones internationally that still support a lot of the
older Grundig radios.