Old September 22nd 05, 11:17 PM

In that case,I ought to go into the Slinky exporting business.I can buy
them cheap over here and sell them over there.
cuhulin

Old September 22nd 05, 11:59 PM
RHF

BDK - On a Rope is right.
Old September 23rd 05, 05:37 AM
RHF

BDK,
Try a Slinky Dipole Antenna without an Inner
Rope Support - and you will really See SAG !
Old September 23rd 05, 06:08 PM

I am fixin to go to the Goodwill store and then to the wal mart store
(food department) for grub and my usual two six packs and,Slinkys.
cuhulin

Old September 23rd 05, 09:15 PM

I didn't see any Slinky toys in the toy department (about 13 or 14
aisles of all kinds of toys and I walked every one of them twice) at the
wal mart store this afternoon.I am not going to worry about it.
cuhulin

Old September 25th 05, 11:56 PM
AbbN

Hi,

I recently found them at Walmart.....but that's here in Canada

Abb N

wrote in message
I wonder if the steel Slinkys are still being made? I would like to try
out a Slinky antenna too.I owned one back in the 1950's.
cuhulin

Old September 27th 05, 05:15 AM
Emmett Bean

wrote in message

I wonder if the steel Slinkys are still being made? I would like to try
out a Slinky antenna too.I owned one back in the 1950's.
cuhulin

Hi,

Yes they are. They are called the Cliffdweller II.

You can find the site on Google.

Emmett
Old September 29th 05, 10:58 PM
Yodar

Default ABOUT - Slinky Antennas - More Then You Wanted To Know

Charles Maetta wrote:
Picked up a couple of steel slinkys in my local Walmart a few weeks ago.

Chuck

I went to a TRU in Warrington, in NW England, looking for pretty much
the same thing - the looks I got asking for slinkys and hula-hoops - let
alnoe trying to explain that I wanted to make an aerial of it!

73

Mark (MW1MDH)

At MY WalMart when I asked around for Slinky I met a Vendor stocking
shelves who was a HAM, invited me to visit their meeting and said I'd
made a good choice for an improvisational antenna, told me how to rig it
using a WalMart telescoping fiberglass fishing pole

Yodar