Old October 17th 05, 12:02 AM
Brenda Ann

Default FA Hallicrafters SX-117 Beauty!!

"Das Boot" wrote in message
groups.com...

"Dave Edwards" wrote in message
See pics here....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Ended with no bids - couldn't even get $10 for it. Pathetic.

Given that he ended the auction early, I figure he either found a local
buyer, or had seller's remorse and decided to keep the radio.

Old October 17th 05, 12:45 AM
Bill

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Das Boot" wrote in message
groups.com...

"Dave Edwards" wrote in message

Ended with no bids - couldn't even get $10 for it. Pathetic.

Given that he ended the auction early, I figure he either found a local
buyer, or had seller's remorse and decided to keep the radio.

Back door sale. Nice rig, fine condition. Was probably offered much
more than he expected.

-Bill
Old October 17th 05, 01:22 AM

Sellers remorse? Good one! I never heard of sellers remorse before,but I
like it.That Bell South woman is back over there next door to me
now.Back from Natchez,singing at the Blues and Biscuits Restaurant in
Natchez (from hearing her talk,she sure doesn't have much of a singing
voive,believe you me) and she stopped off at Jackson International
Airport to pick up her sister whom had gone to Houston last week.I slept
most of the afternoon.I noticed she has put that great bigggggg pile of
old tree limbs that was at her back door out front of my house by my not
so big pile of old tree limbs for the clean up crew to pick up whenever
they get around to it.They are sitting in some chairs by the back door
over there now,talking and laughing.I see that other woman's car,1992
Oldsmobile, is over there too,but I guess she is out with her boyfriend
somewhere.
cuhulin

Old October 17th 05, 01:52 AM
Dave Edwards

To everyone regarding the SX-117.
I attempted to listen in to ECARS during the week, and could not find them.
When I found them on another radio, I looked into it. CHU was off in
frequency by a good amount...more than what the display calibrator could
correct for. I'm sure it is just that routine of adjusting a coil at one
end of the band, and a cap at the other end...back and forth, back and
forth. But, I am going to send it to WA8SAJ for the task...and whatever
other magic he routinely performs.
It'll be back!

......Dave

Old October 17th 05, 01:55 AM
Bill

Dave Edwards wrote:

To everyone regarding the SX-117.
I attempted to listen in to ECARS during the week, and could not find them.
When I found them on another radio, I looked into it. CHU was off in
frequency by a good amount...more than what the display calibrator could
correct for. I'm sure it is just that routine of adjusting a coil at one
end of the band, and a cap at the other end...back and forth, back and
forth. But, I am going to send it to WA8SAJ for the task...and whatever
other magic he routinely performs.
It'll be back!

.....Dave

So whats your "as-is" price?